Slot Machine sprite Games You're Playing

Kids like you should be at home playing Nintendo games!

earthbound/ undertalefan

been replaying jak 1 recently

sprite soritotito88

• Monthly Music Prompts Tier 1

Symphony of the Night is my favourite video game! One of them, anyways. Castlevania in general is pretty much my favourite franchise. I think Symphony is one of the greatest, most well crafted, fun, and visually appealing games that have ever been made.

…but the inverted castle is stupid. Haha. It’s such a lame excuse for extending the gameplay. I mean, it’s still fun to me, it’s still Symphony of the Night, but it’s a bit janky at best and it’s even a little obvious at some points that this idea was a last minute inclusion to stretch the game out.

I’ve already beat the game, and i can totally say that is true. The inverted castle is just that, the same castle put in the game in order to give it more length. But i also can agree that is an excellent game, with no kind of waste in any of its parts. A pretty fun ride that i was able to finish, and i only had to use guides for stuff three times! I feel like a pro, haha!!!

I’m actually considering to play other Castlevania entries, like Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania 4, and then play the nes trilogy. I still remember struggling with the stairs.

I didn’t know you had to press Up to use them…

WOW MOM LOOK! NOW I’M A BUNCH OF GIANT LETTERS!!!

The Dracula Spectacula

• M25FF Participation Award
  • MOTHER 25th Teddy Collab
  • Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
  • Video Game Riddles Bronze
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 1st place
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Monthly Art Prompt Participant
  • Monthly Art Prompt Winner
  • Very Hot Winterfest Silver
  • Very Hot Winterfest Staff
  • Eggvito

Oh yes, definitely play the other games! Rondo and Super IV are both excellent, top tier games. If you enjoy them, then I’d also recommend Bloodlines. I like to consider them something as a mini-trilogy themselves, because they came out during the same generation, but on different consoles, and while they all play like classic Castlevania games, they’re also each very unique from one another. Symphony of the Night is a direct successor to Rondo, if you hadn’t already known.

Them, alongside the NES games, are known as ClassicVanias. Symphony, and maybe of the games onward, are metroidvanias or IGAvanias. If you prefer the metroidvania, Symphony approach, then I might recommend one of the GBA or DS titles, as they all fall into that mould.

All of the games fit together thematically, but there’s a notably large difference, gameplay wise, between classicvanias and igavanias.

“I won’t accept the ban from anyone but my true love Jordan Keller.”

sprite ChromiumTrinity

Ristar on Super mode has been HELL.
You only get 1 star and 0 lives so you basically get one shot and so far I’ve gotten to Planet Sonata (with the help of save states)

Put me on the list of biggest mistakes!

sprite The12thKind

I’ve been really into Forager for reasons beyond my own comprehension. Something about it has been scratching my brain in just the right way that it’s gotten me to sit down and play it for a couple hours straight. I wiped my save for Pokémon: Shining Pearl Version so I can play as a girl (I had chosen a boy purely because I was recreating my childhood experience with Gen 4). I saw that Mother 3 was released for the Japanese GBA NSO app, so I’m going to buckle down and get back into my studies so I can try it out (I still have yet to do a full playthrough of Earthbound… shhhh…).

My carrd: https://da12thkind.carrd.co/
pronouns: they/them
name pronounciation: callie-us

sprite Gamma Emerald

• !Franklin Badge MOTHER3
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • Video Game Riddles Silver
  • Mafia Universe Championship Representitive
  • BigMac

Slay The Spire has consumed my free time recently

“A flipped coin doesn’t always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all…”

sprite The12thKind

How is Slay the Spire? Is it really as good as people say it is?

My carrd: https://da12thkind.carrd.co/
pronouns: they/them
name pronounciation: callie-us

sprite Psychodelic

Accept Loss Forever

• donor2

Yes, it’s a very well-designed and balanced game. And it feels challenging enough without being impossible. Interesting combination of roguelike and deck-building.

did you know there's an easter egg in the rules? it contributes nothing and is just silly, but I bet it remained a secret!

• 2022 Halloween Funfest Silver
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Photo Man's Photo Album Art Collab 2022
  • fanvatar3
  • The lowercase t badge
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 3rd Place

Fear and Hunger! I haven’t been playing this game but I’ve been thinking about it a lot. Leave it to YouTube shorts to recommend an M-rated game to a minor lol. (It’s M for gore and sa) Seriously though I’ve been hyperfixating on it for like two weeks now.

Strike that! Reverse it!

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

I would say so, it definitely hooked me

“A flipped coin doesn’t always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all…”

The Dracula Spectacula

• Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Eggvito

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I LOVE DOOM! I’ve been playing a lot of Doom. I beat Doom 2016 the other day, and Doom Eternal just last night, both for the first time. I’ve also been playing a little bit of Ultimate Doom – Just the odd level here and there, very slowly going for a 100% run. Doom ‘16 and Eternal were both so much fun. Already some of my favourite games in their category. I also opened up Doom II, Doom 64, and Doom 3, but really only to unlock skins and stuff for Eternal. I’ll be playing those games again when I get to them, after I beat Eternal’s DLC and maybe Ultimate Doom. I might play Doom 3 next, and concurrently work through Ultimate, and go on to II and 64 afterwards. Apparently I like to play two games at once!

I love Doomguy/Doom Slayer. One of my favourite video game characters. He’s actually one of my dream choices for Smash Bros!

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

I recently played through Metal Gear Solid until the fight against Metal Gear. My opiniion is that this game is severly overrated. I might do a more in depth review on some platform that isn’t a forum, but my basic opinion is that the story is cheesy and the game controls like a stubborn dog that you have to grab at the waist and force to walk.
I kept playing the game because the drama of an unregulated nuclear weapon being controlled by terrorists was just interesting enough to keep me engaged (literally teetering on me being bored with the game), but every character having daddy issues, with one of them going off during the final boss cemented the story as Netflix-Quality in my mind.
I might try MGS2 in the future, but if that game disappoints me as well I won’t be picking the series back up.

any

The Dracula Spectacula

• Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Eggvito

Are you sure it’s overrated? Or do you just not like it? I can’t think of a single story out there that resembles Metal Gear Solid’s in any way at all, to be candidly honest. If you need to criticize the writing, I could understand needlessly complicated, but cheesy is not a word I’d think of to describe Metal Gear Solid’s plot. I’d call Mother 3’s story as cheesy, first.

I think you could argue the controls are dated, but I certainly wouldn’t call them bad. They do slowly evolve over the course of the forthcoming games, though. Slowly, like a little bit more with each installment until you get to MGSV, which has fairly typical modern third-person gameplay. You can compare it to Resident Evil, in a way or two. The original, fixed-camera, tank-control style of the first three or four games is often seen as archaic, but I know many fans who actually prefer it. These games also modernize their gameplay and evolve into the same third person atmosphere every AAA game features, now.

Metal Gear Solid is a relatively slow, methodical game. And for many of the features it employs, it did them first before anyone else. There’s a reason why people fall in love with this game so easily. (But, there’s also a reason why it’s not always at the top of the Metal Gear list for those who’ve played them all!)

also the only one with daddy issues lol is liquid, and i’d argue his schtick is still more just about inferiority

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

Overrated is when everyone gives something praise that you feel is undeserved. Maybe that is the wrong term, because it’s clear that this game pushed the boundaries of storytelling and cinematics in videogames – in fact I respect the game for it. I still stand by that the story is cheesy.
When I say “daddy issues” I’m referring to any drama about blood relations. I HATE when stories revolve around blood relations. In real life, you bond with those who raise you, regardless of if you share the same blood. The only character in Metal Gear Solid who obeys this basic philosophy is Naomi, and her issues are solved before the game even begins.
I was teetering on calling this games story passable, but then during the fight against Metal Gear, during the fight against the machine that will kill all life on the planet, Gray Fox starts monologing. This killed it for me.
A good story has all of its elements introduced about 80% of the way through. This is done to bring climax to the final parts and to let everything either resolve itself, or establish itself as unresolved so it can be either speculated on or explored in a future entry. The reason anime’s made by Netflix feel so awkward is because they introduce new unnecessary elements during the final episode. When Gray Fox started talking, I audibly screamed “METAL GEAR’S RIGHT THERE!”
Liquid Snake’s motives would be valid if he weren’t clearly more jacked than Solid.
If you still think the game isn’t cheesy, just look at psycho mantis. Case and point.
The high points of the story were when it related to real life. Improper nuclear waste disposal, government coverups, weapon regulation bypassment were all really cool elements that made the game more engaging. You can tell that someone on the story team has an affinity for American and world politics. It’s too bad that those moments are undermined in favor of the fictional characters.

Onto the controls, you do get accustomed to them as the game goes on, but they still aren’t great. The game had to be compatible with non-analog PS1 controllers but it clearly wasn’t designed around them. Analog aiming is a must in this game, which makes me wonder why they didn’t require an analog controller and do twin-stick aiming like Enter the Gungeon. It’s not a shooter, it’s a stealth action game, but when I do have to use my guns I have to actively think about how to fineness the controls to get them to do what I want – especially in boss fights. A stealth action game should have controls that you don’t have to think about.
On the topic of boss fights, they’re probably one of the highlights of the game but they kinda drag. I admire how they require skillful gameplay, strategy, and pattern recognition but a lot of them really could’ve used a second phase to keep it from getting stale.

A stealth action game should also be immersive so the tension feels real. Metal Gear Solid’s visuals may be the most advanced on the PS1, but again, psycho mantis.

I enjoyed MGS most when I had to think about how to progress. Calling Otacon to locate the PSG1 was satisfying, but moments like that aren’t too awful common in this game. I am very much interested in MGS2 as I’ve heard that game is prophetic in its storytelling. However, I don’t think I’ll be replaying MGS1 anytime soon.

any

The Dracula Spectacula

• Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Eggvito

Everything is introduced before we’re 80% of the way through! Liquid and Solid Snake are nearly visually identical, only their hair has a marked difference, but in the end, Liquid is the surperior clone anyways. It’s really not about blood relation at all. Or, it speaks against it. Noami and Grey Fox aren’t blood related. Solid Snake upping Liquid Snake goes to show that whoever has the surperior genes is irrelevant. Liquid views Solid Snake as his brother and Big Boss as his father, but it’s made clear that Snake doesn’t really share this viewpoint. And by future games, neither does another big character. There is one character who has an obsession with genes, and he’s proved to be wrong. The game and its main theme are an analogy for nurture over nature.

There isn’t much else I can say about controls. I strictly used the d-pad for movement. The analog sticks felt weird to me.

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

Pretty close to actually beating Pikmin 1 thanks to the Switch port (I tried beating it on emulator and got stuvk on the final boss)

The Dracula Spectacula

• Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Eggvito

I beat Mother 3 for the first time in a long time the other day. Great game to replay now and then. To fill the GBA-shaped hole in my heart, I began Metroid Zero Mission. Super Metroid is my favourite game in that series, and I find that Zero Mission takes a lot of inspiration from it more than anything. Aside from the NES game, I guess, haha.

I love playing GBA games on 3DS. It just feels right. I’d probably sooner play a GBA game on 3DS than I would the GBA!

Master of Raking Lawns

• MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X2
  • donor4
  • Fanfiction Reviewer Badge
  • Writing Bootcamp 2014
  • !Writing BootCamp 2016
  • Monthly Writing Prompt Silver
  • Giygas 10 Theories badge

To fill the GBA-shaped hole in my heart

Right? I have played so many games that came out on the GBA, even though I never owned one. A ton of my favourite games were originally made for the GBA – Mother 3, Pokemon Emerald, Superstar Saga, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones, the Minish Cap. I think it was one of the best eras for Nintendo. Makes me want to find and play more GBA games for sure.

I also beat Mother 3 again at the end of last year, making it the 4th (or maybe 5th?) time I’ve beaten it. Still fun to play, and I still get emotional at all the best moments.

Without love, it cannot be seen.

earthbound/ undertalefan

i have been replaying the bendy games in preparations for bendy the cage and it will set us free so its time to believe

sprite RedShadow13

Remember me?

• saturnmelee
  • Pooh's Homerun Derby Participation Badge

i have been making my way through the megaman battle network legacy collection on the switch (having never previously played more than the first 2 in the series), and am currently on mmbn4

at first, i found the tournament format to be a novel approach to a videogame story presentation, but after my third playthrough to attempt to see every story beat, i can see why people consider this the worst in the series

it’s still mmbn, so at base level it’s inherently fun, but moving the story forward just becomes a chore after a while

Lurker extraordinaire!

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

Stardew Valley has captured my fancy, currently in Winter of Year 1, and I’m kinda thriving after having a rough start

LET THE FISH WHO THINKS HE KNOWS NO FEAR LOOK WELL UPON MY FACE

this is my rank #2

• Video Game Music of the Month Participant
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X3
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • The lowercase t badge
  • BigMac
  • blanko
  • fanvatar1
  • Campfire Tales Story Shared
  • Campfire Tales Participation 3
  • Key to the Back
  • Eggvito
  • Mother 3 - 18th anniversary

I’ve played that with my siblings! It’s really fun, even if I do just spend my time at Skull Cavern and kill monsters lol

I am a Coolio Burgers kind of guy.

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

I tried to get into Stardew Valley and I thought the game had so much greatness! BUT I couldn’t enjoy thr game bevlcause of one big thing: The ingame days are too short. You have to scramble to get everything you want to get done in a day and you have to run back to your house. It’s not fun.

any

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

There’s a few things you can unlock to get back home faster.

I do wonder how you’re meant to be doing things in the desert when it costs 500 to go there each day though (just unlocked that)

LET THE FISH WHO THINKS HE KNOWS NO FEAR LOOK WELL UPON MY FACE

this is my rank #2

• Video Game Music of the Month Participant
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X3
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • The lowercase t badge
  • BigMac
  • blanko
  • fanvatar1
  • Campfire Tales Participation 3
  • Key to the Back
  • Eggvito
  • Mother 3 - 18th anniversary

Invest in desert totems. You can buy them from the desert trader for…three omni geodes each I think? They have saved me a great deal of time and money.

I am a Coolio Burgers kind of guy.

Sword of Dorks

eldritch enthusiast

• Writing Challenges
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • How the Buck Stole Weezer
  • The lowercase t badge
  • BigMac

the Thing I do with stardew valley is level fishing and the mines. it’s probably personal preference but I feel they’re faster than growing crops. desert can be safely ignored unless you’re really hankering for a dungeon crawl experience, and you can just get cactus fruit from the store there. the only thing I think you need is the fish there.

I tried to get into Stardew Valley and I thought the game had so much greatness! BUT I couldn’t enjoy thr game bevlcause of one big thing: The ingame days are too short. You have to scramble to get everything you want to get done in a day and you have to run back to your house. It’s not fun.

skill issue, you’ve got to learn to budget time or dedicate days. it’s not that fast. taking it slow is honestly the move

A boi who’s weird but still chill.

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

I think farming gets better in Year 2+

Also, I think desert items sell well enough to pay for the trip. FYI, I want iridium for the best tools and stuff, and the Skull Cavern is apparently better than the regular Mines for that.

Good…Bad…I’m the guy with the dice

• donor2
  • fangamerHCP
  • fanvatar1
  • smash collab
  • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Participation
  • Veteran's Day Casual Pokemon Participation
  • Radio PSI - Newbie
  • Cackle
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!!Halloween Funfest '16 Staff Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Gold

I’m playing lots; Street Fighter 6, Destiny 2, Dragon Quest Monsters, and Stardew

sprite Gamma Emerald

• Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Mafia MVP
  • BigMac

Got farther into Phantom Hourglass than I ever did before, all because I got motivated by a streamer playing the sequel.