Mr. Saturn sprite ♪ ROCK CANDY ♪ EB Music Studio!

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!
Of course Mother 3 songs are going to be accepted.

Hey, do you do Judo?
I do Judo!

• fun
  • patrick
  • dragon
  • donor5
  • eb0hack
  • tofu
  • plo
  • poe
  • Fanart of the Week
  • fanvatar3
  • walkthrough
  • halloweenff06gold
  • rcquality
  • starmansuper
  • artspot
  • fangamerHCW
  • foppy
  • DINO RAMPAGE!
  • Wess Butt
  • Invisiguy
  • Radio PSI - 1 year
Dang Steve, you're just on fire, aren't you? I totally have to put Technical Pig on my 'pod. =P

Anyway, so far everything I've heard/seen is amazing. For some reason, I really want to hear "Happy Happy". I think it's because I liked "Chowing Down on File Select" so much. Despite my complete lack of musical talent, you just might see a little something from me soon. I'm considering doing a Threed remix with vocals, and a ( maybe ) original piece I call "NPC Seige".

Keep up the good work, all. Very Happy

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
I'll record my self playing Pollyanna, naming screen and the soundstone theme on guitar later but I need winters guitar tab! Come one doods, I need that tab! Mad

sprite Riup

• rc4
  • rc5
  • rcquality
where do you host files like this at?
ive been looking for ages =/

i have a lot of eb songs ive done over the past 4 years, so i have a few things id like to get some imput on =)

ps

does anyone listen to electronica? i have some hardcore breakbeats/drum and bass eb songs to =p

sprite bstring

• donor2
  • starman
No, no, no, Steve... Never stop! Like milk. Or Energizers. Or that dude from Crank.
Anyways....

A new idea of mine for potential feedback.
I'm gonna re-work the single-note stuff and fiddle with EQ's yet, but this is a sampling of the sound I'm going for.
There will be more to it, of course; plus, I might add more pieces for ambience, if it needs it.
Unfortunately.... it's the same song Steve's showing at this time, but meh. They're different enough.

Attachments:

Well, that’s my mamma!

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
ITS LIKE THE DUELING MUSIC NERDS!

*I hear a digital banjo faintly in the background*

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

It’s pronounced “LOOM-pee-ah”

• fun
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • ff
  • rclegend
  • ruby
  • starmansuper
  • fangamerHCW
  • Logographer
  • foppy
Stevesesy wrote on Tue, 06 February 2007 19:30
Ok you win. I DID MORE!
HOTEL!

The melody is really good. I like it a lot. You should add some Latin-esque percussion to the mix and it should be a real winner. Very Happy
lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

sprite bstring

• donor2
  • starman
At first, listening to HOTEL, I was like WHAT!!!
Now I see where it's going. Latin percussion would suit it fine.
Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
I wouldn't worry about it too much, considering the MIDIs aren't even wholly original work in the first place. Just as long as you're getting permission from the people who sequenced them.

sprite reidman

In case you get a chance to read this, Stevesesy, I'd really like to contact your parents to talk with them about whatever happened to make them think we're pedophiles. I'll PM and email my 'letter' to you so that we can (hopefully) hash this out.

sprite PianoMan547

Stevesesy wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 23:41
      My parents think that starmen.net is full of paedophiles and such and that a 17 year old boy should be allowed here.

Why would they think that?
      Got Brain Food? On sale in Dalaam, only 800 $ dollars!

YOU CALLIN ME CRAZY!? oh wai..

• donor4
      • plo
      • blanko
      • fangamerHCP
      • EarthBound Central
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this day just got like 100% worse D;

I really hope stevesesy is able to come back.
      why is life so unfair. Thy hatred is unjust, you jest? “why” “GNAUT” can i vote for all YE

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
      I do feel very much sorrow for the loss of Stevesesy, but I think he and others would want to think about his songs & art and working to make a product to display them, which would be Rock Candy.

FrankFly

• starmansuper
      • artspot
      • foppy
      Steve! I lost your number! Come back! Sad

Hey, do you do Judo?
      I do Judo!

• fun
      • patrick
      • dragon
      • donor5
      • eb0hack
      • tofu
      • plo
      • poe
      • Fanart of the Week
      • fanvatar3
      • walkthrough
      • halloweenff06gold
      • rcquality
      • starmansuper
      • artspot
      • fangamerHCW
      • foppy
      • DINO RAMPAGE!
      • Wess Butt
      • Invisiguy
      • Radio PSI - 1 year
      Wow, didn't see this coming. It's an awful tragedy to lose such a talented artist/musician. I hope one day Steve will return to us.

sprite Benpc91

Steve's leaving? Pedophiles?
        Hope you can come back some time Stevesesy. I know you can find another way to go on the internet.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
        Please, if you want to talk about steve, PM him.

Let's get this topic back on track. Rock Candy.

Geekboy2005

Are YOU asking for a Challenge?!

• fun
        • donor5
        • poe
        • fangamerHCP
        • dabr
        • Obama
        • EarthBound Central
        No offense Jonk, but what good would PMing a person who can't go to the site do? Then again Steve won't be able to read the messages on this topic anyway. Anyway I've made some remixes on Fruity loops and I want to post them so I can get some feedback, but the problem is I can't save the songs as they are on the demo version. -_-
        I know this might be a dumb question to ask, but is there any good music creating program that is free?

sprite josh

• eb0hack
        • starman
        6 letters... Amorok

sprite PianoMan547

josh wrote on Thu, 08 February 2007 19:22
          6 letters... Amorok

Amorok?

I'm Inco

I consider myself more of a puckish rogue, really.

• hardtrivia1
          • donor5
          • ch1
          • mafia
          • dabr
          • fun
          • ZAWA RRPS Loser
          • The Derek Rose Incident 2016
          • Sky Family Reunion 2014
          • Doctor Hobo's Love Hotel
          • PAX East 2016
          • !Franklin Badge White
          • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
          • Game Guessing Game 3
          I believe Amorok was an album by Mike Oldfield. Not sure, though.

Not sure what relevance it has in this context, though...
          There’s no point if it stops being fun.

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

• fun
          • poe
          • fanvatar3
          • ff
          • rclegend
          • ruby
          • starmansuper
          • fangamerHCW
          • Logographer
          • foppy
          Ah, sorry to see Steve go.. His stuff was pretty good, too.

Well in any case, I've just finished up a working-draft of the Banjo-Tooie/Threed remix I have been working on in my spare time. The ending still needs some work and the sci-fi SFX probably need a little fine-tuning as well, but I'll post it up to see what you guys think about it.

Check it out.

Attachments:

lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Geekboy2005

Are YOU asking for a Challenge?!

• fun
          • donor5
          • poe
          • fangamerHCP
          • dabr
          • Obama
          • EarthBound Central
          That song is awesome. Very high quality. Wink

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          Lumpia, That is sounding AWESOME. I can defintely see this song in an RC album down the road.

A few suggestions: I feel I that there needs to be a tuba solo in there to give some creepy bass and add a good harmonious melody contrast to what is already in there to convey the full range of the creepy nature. It is totally succcesful now, I think this can augment to that even more and make the song longer to take up more trackspace and keep the mood it is conveying going. More album space for the Lumpia is always good! Very Happy Plus, that tuba solo can add to the low creepy to go along with the high creepy that is awesomely already there. I would also suggest some sort of circus entrance for the front, it seems a bit abrupt right now. Maybe some big drums to bring in the song. When you add the Tuba and drums if you do in the end which is totally your choice. I wouldnt over lap it with the parts you alread y have made. These both would be augments.

One other thing, if you want to fiddle with it is some circusy sound effects. Ringmaster whistle and if you do try to explore this a bit, keep it at a low use, I wouldnt over do it, and try it at the beginning and ends or at a climax of the song at most.

Sounding awesome as always! Keep up the good work! Smile

sprite josh

• eb0hack
          • starman
          Ooops! got mixed up, meant to say "8 Letters.... Audacity.... http://audacity.sourceforge.net/" and that is to the context of the person who asked for some sound recording software... FREE sound recording software (Not Pirated Either)

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          I changed the topic title because I do not think that the music will be limited only to RC5. A good amount of this music is going to be on other RC tracks as well!

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
          Unlimited Lumpia wrote on Thu, 08 February 2007 22:51
          Ah, sorry to see Steve go.. His stuff was pretty good, too.

Well in any case, I've just finished up a working-draft of the Banjo-Tooie/Threed remix I have been working on in my spare time. The ending still needs some work and the sci-fi SFX probably need a little fine-tuning as well, but I'll post it up to see what you guys think about it.

Check it out.

That is extremely tight and catchy.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          Wii for the Wiin!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Nice to hear from you steve! Smile

sprite PianoMan547

Stevesesy wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 00:00
            Hot dang! I love my wii! Sadly I can't make any songs or draw anything until my parents gimmie back the computer. Sad I can only give you moral support.
            I'm sorry for scaring all ya'll like that. My parents just sort of went crazy on me for no reason. They assume that the entire internet is full of predators and they were trying to save me, how You ask? Taking away the computer...
            Its really hard to type with this remote.

So wait, they're treating you like you're 10? That's morally wrong.

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
            If you're 17 I'd say you're definitely not within the range of where you need to be worrying about pedophiles, and probably have nothing to fear from ephebophiles.

sprite PianoMan547

MaxVdub wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 20:25
              If you're 17 I'd say you're definitely not within the range of where you need to be worrying about pedophiles, and probably have nothing to fear from ephebophiles.

"Ephebophiles"?

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
              PianoMan547 wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 18:34
              MaxVdub wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 20:25

"Ephebophiles"?

Haven't heard the term before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

• fun
              • poe
              • fanvatar3
              • ff
              • rclegend
              • ruby
              • starmansuper
              • fangamerHCW
              • Logographer
              • foppy
              Well, in any case.. I'm glad Stevesesy is back. Oh, the wonders of the Wii. Razz

Anyway, Thanks for the comments guys and the awesome suggestions from Jonk; I'll be working on the song from time to time and I'll post it again once I've expanded it a bit. Wish me luck!

sprite bstring

• donor2
              • starman
              I finally finished my Sound Stone thingy.
              The file can be found here if you're interested. I sent 'er to Jonk, and he has yet to get back to me. I 'spect he's a busy man, or hates me... Razz

http://savefile.com/files/489958

EDIT: Now updated! Hooray for Delay!
              Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
              AWESOME. The part where everything stops at around 1:10 seems kind of abrupt, though.

• fun
              • poe
              • fanvatar3
              • ff
              • rclegend
              • ruby
              • starmansuper
              • fangamerHCW
              • Logographer
              • foppy
              Oh man.. That rocks out loud, bstring. The beginning 'feedback' effect felt like it didn't belong and that stop at 1:12 sorta caught me by surprise, but everything else was awesome. Nod

If it were up to me, I'd add a groovin' bass line and some well-placed power drums, but by itself it still works out nicely as a "lighter/cellphone-waving" song. Kudos.

sprite bstring

• donor2
              • starman
              Glad you guys liked it. Very Happy
              I know what you mean bout the middle part. At first there was another bar like the ones that come after the stop, but it was off. So I took it out and tried to do something interesting, because it didn't work to just have it go from the part before the stop to the part after it(... if that makes sense).
              Anyways, I'm now considering reworking that part. :EDIT: Now complete.
              And as for drums, the first 2 songs I made for the Funfest were pretty drum heavy, so I wanted something with a bit more presence, though I considered it. Next time for sure, though Smile

Thanks again for the comments.

Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite mrmojoman

Bstring, awesome!

and i cant stop listening to all this mother1-3 music, honestly im at 109 AWESOMEtastic songs,
                i cant wait to hear more from everyone, and i really hope i get to listen to some more of stevesesy's awesome re-mixes sometime in the not to distant future, love the stuff.

sprite PianoMan547

Stevesesy wrote on Thu, 15 February 2007 15:45
                  Ya used ur Wii, heh?

sprite mrmojoman

OMG, JOY!!

YAY

MUSIC

SESY

JOY!!!

so 110 songs now.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                    I have super duper uber busy with tons of life work. I will not be able to give the close feedback as much or at all for the next month because of new life things. Anyhoo, make sure to keep up that work and I have told the staffers on the site to try to help and give feedback here so you will all not be left out to dry! Very Happy

Until I return! Very Happy

Kevin

• donor5
                    • tofu
                    • nerd
                    • poe
                    • fanvatar1
                    • rcstaff
                    • Who Arted 7 Wins
                    • SMCon 2011
                    May sound bad :S, but I'll comment. It seems rather long. I sometimes get bored of 8 melodies on the M1 soundtrack after it plays forever. Seemed to happen to me on this one. 3-4 minutes in I found myself checking it wondering how much time was left...

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
                    • starman
                    I am going to mix a song for Steve, just because I like his art work. lol I'm off!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
                    • starman
                    This is an ode to you Steve whether you leave or not. It is a low quality WIP but its the thought that counts!

Attachments:

sprite bstring

• donor2
                    • starman
                    Question for all.

I plan on doing a Ness's House redo, in my jammin' fashion, and couldn't decide how the feel of the song should go. I was thinking of either a funky-swing style with a playfulness to it, or a more serious, straight-forward power version.
                    Which way do you think would be more listenable? Which would you prefer to listen to?

I would normaly choose for myself, but I realized the main reason I try to make EB songs is for you guys, hoping that you like them.
                    So let me know what you figure.
                    Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
                    • starman
                    POWER VERSION!

sprite bstring

• donor2
                    • starman
                    2 Versions!!!!!11!
                    I was considering it, but I was thinking that might be 2 much Ness's House at one time.
                    We'll see how I feel after I complete one!
                    Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
                    • starman
                    BTW I challenge you to a song off! I'll remix Ness's House as well : P Let's rock!

sprite bstring

• donor2
                    • starman
                    SWEET!!! Let's do it!
                    We should not post them until we are all done, just so we can see any similarities.
                    I suggest a time limit, cause I tend to put things off for a while, and may not get many chances to record drums while people are at home.
                    Perhaps 2 weeks?
                    I know steve could do one in like a day, but I'd appreciate some time.

EDIT- Actually, I got a chance to record some drums today, so we could shorten it some. Let me know what you guys think you need for time.

EDIT THE SECOND-Alright, I'll try. May not come out so good, but it'll be fun to have a deadline. Maybe.
                    Well, that’s my mamma!