• MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X3
  • 2022 Halloween Funfest Helper
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Photo Man's Photo Album Art Collab 2022
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - Staff
  • BurgerDisappointment
  • Campfire Tales Story Shared
  • Campfire Tales Participation 1

It’s finally time to announce our winners!

Results

Third place: epoch5zz

Not only did you break away from the fictional format, you were suprisingly descriptive for what is, at first glance, a quick rant about how you want to finish the game. It’s meta, but heck if it wasn’t a fun read.

Second place: Ostricho

Not only is your portrayal of Locria gripping, but your emotive language is on point. It’s JUST the right length, and the nonlinear progression is extremely unique.

First place: Rhyselinn

While 1st and 2nd place was a very very tough fight, you take 1st place thanks to your solid hook and consistent tone. You immediately sucked us in and kept the story’s intensity. Overall, you had a gripping and thrilling piece that never feels strained or unnecessary.

Honourable Mention: EpicMilly

For what you finished, there was plenty of promise. Everything felt fairly cohesive, and for what it’s worth we were engaged enough that I wanted to see the rest!

Third place: Xedic Zyvis

The papercraft style gives off such a nostalgic feel! I appreciate the orange-blue-green colour scheme which goes well together while making the Final Starman stick out from the background. You can really feel its energy radiating off the paper. Excellent job, even if it didn’t quite fit with the theme!

Second place: EpicMilly

I love the energy of this piece! A very heartwarming submission. You have made great use of space in the background with just the right amount of detail that it looks neither empty nor crowded. For me, the highlight is the sunflowers in the background, which look really clean! It gives off such soft and warm vibes. The details on the flowers and the environment really tie together this sweet moment with the brothers!

First place: UnfoundedRevenge

The linework and the shading on this piece is excellent! You have captured a style that combines the atmosphere of a more realistic piece with the charm of cartoon! Flint’s expression is subdued yet I feel like he must be deep in thought. The colors and the texture of the pencil shading just brings the whole piece together. Very deserving of first place!

Third place: RadScallion

This portrait shows Masked Man in the final area of the game. The judges liked the stylization here, especially in the shading.

Second place: Citrine’s group pic

This group picture shows Lucas and friends posing together. The judges especially loved Boney’s design here. The stylization is also quite nice, and Lucas has some good foreshortening in his pose.

First place: Starstormew

This lovely comic features a fight between Kumatora and the Masked Man. It must have taken a substantial amount of work to get all of those panels done, and the flow of action is nice. The judges were especially impressed with the color design in this sequential art.

Honorable mention: Kota12

This 3D Dogfish model is quite nice! This entry stood out from the rest by virtue of the medium used. This model has a strong side profile and silhouette, and is doggone adorable.

Great work to all the contestants! We had a great time judging the entries this time around— they were all great! Congrats to the winners, but a big thank you to everyone else who participated, too. Thanks for helping to make these funfest competitions competitive!

Third place: UltraBolt

The Love Theme sounds beautiful with EB’s instruments, and it’s still just as moving as the original. The composition here is excellent! This pairs well with SupremeKirbo’s entry, it also makes me think of an alternate timeline where Mother 3 was released on the SNES.

Second place: SupremeKirbo

Very impressive work! It’s incredible to see a portion of Mother 3 recreated in EarthBound, and we can only imagine the work that went into it. Like UltraBolt’s entry, it brings to mind an alternate universe where Mother 3 was released on the SNES. But despite being built atop Earthbound, it was surprising how remarkably close it is to the GBA version! Definitely looking forward to seeing this project progress!

First place: Witch’s Cadence and Themuckamuck

Both of these arrangements, as well as the cover art, are incredible! The arrangement of “F-F-Fire!” does an excellent job of blending a retro, chiptune style synth with a more traditional instrumentation. The arrangement of “Extremely Troublesome Guys” was a unique, refreshing twist on the original song with a very smooth and clean sound. Both arrangements are well mixed and produced as well as being phenomenal new compositions. We’re looking forward to hearing more of your work in the future!

Honorable Mention: VeryBlue

With neither of us being musicians, we’re always so inspired by people who can transcribe music for others to read and play. The song worked really well in this instrumentation, and you stayed true to the melancholy but resolute heart of the piece. This sounds great, and we hope your pep band decides/decided to use it!

Congratulations to all winners! Now let’s see their badges!

Prizes

Third place will receive this badge:
Second place will receive their choice of either a forum rank or a forum avatar, as well as this badge:
First place will receive a forum rank, avatar, and this badge:

To apply a rank, simply PM Boots, Rhyselinn, or CerealQueen with the rank you would like applied! To request an avatar, head over to the Avatar thread and make your request! (And to anyone who didn’t win an avatar in the funfest, making four avatars for other people will earn you rights to your own avatar, so this could be your chance!)

Special Thanks

I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who assisted with this funfest in any capacity! This includes our streamers, our judges, and everyone else who worked behind the scenes to make this happen. We truly couldn’t have done it without you. Everyone who assisted with this funfest will receive this badge:

I want to thank a few specific people for their contributions as well! This includes:

• Majora, for creating all of the amazing streaming assets you saw throughout the GPP!
  • broomweed, for creating the forum banner!
  • AVeryMemorableUsername, for providing our badges!
  • Rhyselinn, for all behind-the-scenes admin work!
  • Vid, for streamlining what could have been a messy, low-quality GPP production into a professional-looking masterpiece with all variables accounted for!
  • Boots, for helping us make a lot of the executive decisions throughout the entire planning process, and for helping make the final GPP something both successful and truly memorable!

We really couldn’t have done it without any of these folks, so please give them a huge round of applause!

And finally, thanks to all of you for tuning in to our streams, participating in the contests, and making this funfest a huge success! We hope you enjoyed the celebration!

Love is all that stands between us and the great beyond.

Buy a man eat fish, He Day, Teach fish man, To a lifetime

• a fishstick
  • 30th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd Place
  • 2020 HFDQ Participation
  • Writing Challenges
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Mother 3 - 18th anniversary
  • fanvatar3

Ooh, congrats everyone! - This Funfest was a blast to participate in, and I loved seeing all the stuff people created for it!

They/It/Void | If you don’t take care to preserve your memories, you’ll forget them.

Drake Inferno

Court-recognized cheese yoinker

• Christopher Robin is Evil
  • Writing Challenges
  • Giygas 10 Theories badge
  • MOTHER2 Riddles 3+ Wins
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - Staff Badge
  • Monthly Writing Prompt Gold
  • Video Game Riddles Gold
  • Riddles Lord
  • 7x Theory Hall of Fame
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • The lowercase t badge
  • BigMac
  • Very Hot Winterfest Gold
  • April Fools Riddles 2024

Congratulations, everyone! I wasn’t able to do nearly as much as I hoped to for ti, but it was very fun!

What is love, if not sharing food with someone, and then running away from that someone,
as they chase after you, shouting “That was my food, give me back my food”?

LET THE FISH WHO THINKS HE KNOWS NO FEAR LOOK WELL UPON MY FACE

this is my rank #2

• Video Game Music of the Month Participant
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Monthly Art Prompt Participant
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • The lowercase t badge
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 3rd Place
  • Video Game Riddles Bronze
  • Monthly Art Prompt Winner
  • BigMac
  • blanko
  • fanvatar1
  • Campfire Tales Participation 3
  • Key to the Back
  • Very Hot Winterfest Silver
  • Eggvito

Great job, everyone, you were all amazing!!

…Now if you’ll excuse me, I owe my sister 4 bucks each for their assistance…

I am a Coolio Burgers kind of guy.

• Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd place
  • PK Hack v2.0

Congrats everyone! All the entries this year were fantastic. Look forward to seeing what next time brings!

they/them who likes to play games. Also likes to enjoy games, but this part is optional.

Ruin Seeker

• Mafia MVP
  • 2020 HFDQ Silver
  • Pooh's Homerun Derby Participation Badge
  • Writing Challenges
  • Monthly Writing Prompt Silver
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - Staff Badge
  • 5x Theory Hall of Fame
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • BurgerDisappointment
  • Campfire Tales Participation 1

Quick revision: Since Witch’s Cadence and Themuckamuck collaborated on their AudioViz submission, they both win first place together! Congratulations to Muck (and we apologize for leaving you out initially)!

Love is all that stands between us and the great beyond.

• 2022 Halloween Funfest Bronze
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd place

congrats everyone!! :DD
everyone did greattt!! :D <33
the funfest was so fun, loved the 2 streams i was able to watch live lol
ty for hm in writing and second place on hand art, i didnt think id do that good compared to the other submissions x)

weird nerd child B)

did you know there's an easter egg in the rules? it contributes nothing and is just silly, but I bet it remained a secret!

• 2022 Halloween Funfest Silver
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • fanvatar3
  • The lowercase t badge
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 3rd Place

Woah congrats yall.

AND CONGRATS CITRINE <3 MY SIS WON WOOO

Strike that! Reverse it!

The Dracula Spectacula

• M25FF Participation Award
  • MOTHER 25th Teddy Collab
  • Floating Heddy
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • Blue Friendship
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • fanvatar4
  • Riddles Lord
  • GURL POWAH
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Cackle
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Pink DK
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • Temmie
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge Guide
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
  • Video Game Riddles Bronze
  • Candy Cornucopia
  • Franklin the Turtle
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 1st place
  • Unfounded Burger
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Very Hot Winterfest Silver
  • Very Hot Winterfest Staff
  • Eggvito

OH SHOOT

I think this is the first time I’ve ever placed, let alone get first? (I mean, tbf, one of my submissions years ago was just me making nachos…) Thank you so much! It was an honour to be apart of this great fest, thank you everyone involved!

im a weener!

there’s no underscore in my name

edit: thanks lol. it happens a lot, people used to do it on purpose just to bug me lmao

“I won’t accept the ban from anyone but my true love Jordan Keller.”