Clumsy Robot sprite Questions about the Challenges

They're worded a bit confusingly

sprite Idontexist

These challenges for the fanfest are really cool, and difficult as well. However, I just had a few quick questions about what some of the challenges meant. If somebody could answer them, that would be great.

1. When it says that Flint’s Power Smash must be used, does this mean that it is the ONLY thing he can use in the game (besides items)? Are Strengthen Up and Toughen Up not allowed because of this?
  2. Duster is said to be only allowed to use his Wall Staples. So, once the enemy is stuck with the Wall Staples, is he still forced to waste his turn by throwing more Wall Staples (and always having no effect)? Or, can he attack while the enemy is stuck, and just go back to throwing Wall Staples once it gets back up?
  3. The challenge mentions that this must be a No-Equip run. So, I threw out every piece of equipment Flint, Duster, and Boney had. Was this the right thing to do (so their equipment screens are completely blank now), or does it just mean that no attack item can be equipped?
  4. As this is a full Battle Memory challenge, are we allowed to hold off on some enemies until later chapters, if they’re still available then? Like getting a Mr. Batty as late as Chapter 7, in the cave before the Drago Plateau?
  5. In the Day 3 Challenges, it mentions that a Better Stick from Thomas's Bazaar must be acquired. This can't be equpped though, right?
  6. Saving can be done at any time, not just at the end of the day, right?

Thanks in advance.

sprite TheFakePsychic

Now, just for the record, these are my beliefs on what the challenges mean. I am not the person who wrote the challenges though. (I think that was SimonBob, btw.)

1. Means just the Power Smash/items. Also I think it’s one of the daily ones, and no, no Strengthen Up or Toughen Up
    2. Means only Wall Staples, but you don’t have to just throw staples every turn, I guess you could defend or use items as well.
    3. Just means don’t equip anything. All characters become unarmored kung-fu masters.
    4. I don’t think it truly matters when you get a full battle memory, just whenever you get it done.
    5. Yeah, Flint can equip the Better Stick
    6. Yup.

Also the great thing about challenges is that they’re completely optional, and you can make up your own as you go along. They aren’t set in stone rules, so if you wanted to do your own thing, then that’s perfectly fine as well. Also some challenges are impossible to do on the same save file. Like back in the EBFGP, there were some that were like “defeat 50 sharks before fighting Frank” and some that were “only defeat the mandatory sharks before fighting Frank”.

Space Cat Adventures!. | A bit of festivity and a swift kick in the rear

Omnitarian

I own Leather Sleeves

• dragon
    • donor4
    • artistorm
    • poe
    • fanvatar2
    • hfwinner09
    • EarthBound Central
    • SMCon 2011
    • April Fool's 2012 Art Submit
    • Funkatastic Fest Funktastic Thank You
    • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Judge!
    • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
    • !Merch Museum

Don’t get so worked up about completing the challenges just-so, they’re just-for-fun, often contradict each other, and, truth be told, were basically brainstormed up by SimonBob during the 3-minute drive thru wait at Tim Hortons.

sprite Porkyminchy

I’m probably only gonna participate in the daily challenges, exept for getting a full battle memory and I’m using a real GBA cartrige without the translation patch so I can’t do hard mode.

sprite PSI Supernova

• EarthBound Central

I remember in one EBFGP I made a concerted effort to do all the “get to level X before doing Y” challenges, such as being level 8 before fighting Starman Jr. so you could use PSI Rockin on him. I don’t really know what I’ll do this time, maybe go for a full battle memory. Except I think I missed the beanling and soot dumpling and I’m pretty sure they don’t appear at another time. Curses.

Ineluctable modality of the visible: at least
    that if no more, thought through my eyes.
    Signatures of all things I am here to read…

sprite Idontexist

Thanks for your help. I usually do really strict/restricting challenge things for games, like the Ocarina of Time Uber Challenge. I didn’t really realize that the Fanfest is different from that sort of thing, being very lenient and all.
    Thank you again for answering my questions. It’s okay to ask about future challenges, though, if they’re very confusing, right?