Ness Pajamas SW sprite Planning to build dollhouse replica

but the inside of ness's house makes not sense!

sprite Phoenixrising

Planning to build a half scale (.5 inch = 1 foot) dollhouse replica of ness’s house

but the inside of ness’s house doesn’t match the outside… sorta
Also…. how big exactly IS his house?
any strange people out there given thought to the scale of buildings in games?

I’ve thought of a creative solution to the layout problem… but there are still too many windows on the outside

Other creative solutions, 3d renders, well wishing, etc… are welcomed and encouraged.

currently I’m thinking to place the staircase in the middle of the house so that on the second floor there can be a halway with ness’s room on the right and tracy’s on the left.

I still don’t know what to do with the akward addition on the left side (looking at the front) of the house.

Bring on the splinters!

Proud Member of the Flowey Fan Club™❀

• MOTHER2 Riddles 1 Win
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Badge Maker!
  • EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • 3rd Strongest Mole
  • Writing Bootcamp '12
  • fanvatar4
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • Holiday Funfest 2012 2nd Place
  • Holiday Funfest 2012 Overall Place
  • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2013 Single Participation
  • Writing Bootcamp '13
  • Secret Forum VFD Game Organizer
  • ZAWA RRPS Winner
  • Writing Bootcamp 2014
  • M25FF Participation Award
  • M25FF Lovely Award
  • M25FF Overall Lovely Award 2nd
  • Super Flame Shield
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • Lucas Collab
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
  • White Mafia
  • ghost frog
  • Theoryfest Helper
  • Snowdin1st
  • Snowdin2nd
  • Temmie
  • Mafia MVP
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Writing BootCamp 2016
  • !Camp Fangamer 2016 Merchboy
  • Artdog Badge
  • Mafia Cipher MAX
  • 2020 HFDQ Helper
  • Pooh's Homerun Derby Participation Badge
  • 2022 Halloween Funfest Helper
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Mafia Universe Championship Representitive
  • Hotdog Sushi
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 1st place
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - Staff
  • BigMac
  • Campfire Tales Story Shared
  • Key to the Back

Yeah, I have no idea how you’re going to do that, which makes me even more excited to see it happen! I wish you the best of luck!

As far as scaling goes, I’ve noticed that most games have pretty funky building-to-people ratios. If you’ve played Mother 3, there’s one spot in the game when you go into a guy’s house (Lighter and Fuel’s house) and it has a regular sized living room/ bottom floor like houses in the rest of the game. Then you go up some stairs to a “supposedly” equally sized attic (based on the exterior of the house). It has a huge hole in the ceiling, so you see it from the outside-house view. Suddenly you can only walk in about a 3 × 2 tile space instead of the previous bottom floor’s 10 × 10 (or something), because the scaling changes between the outside to inside view.
(Man, I really hope you’ve played the game, because that was a very confusing explanation…sorry about that…)

So yeah, video game designers generally don’t make the scaling very realistic. That gives you a lot of options. You can go with the outside view, you can go with the inside view, you can try to scale it to a life size house, you can make it a perfect square like it is in the game, etc… For the addition, you could make the addition a shed or something, maybe a garage? Maybe a doghouse for King?

Either way, I think this is a way cool project. I’ll say it one more time, Good luck!

sprite Abidon

Since there’s going to be scaling issues as the inside of buildings are often magically larger then the outside, I would just try to make it as ‘accurate’ as possible to the game. Make the bottom floor an entire living room, and on the top floor you split it with ness’s room, Tracy’s room,and the hallway. I would probably divide it into something like if it’s a 5 inch square, make the hallway 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long, with the rest of the room making ness and Tracy’s rooms-so that there’s also enough room for tiny beds and furniture and stuff. That’s the only thing I can think of doing, but I don’t really build dollhouses.