Failed Teleport sprite Next year's Fanfest

Ideas, anyone?

sprite Toko

Well, Reid asked the chat if anyone had any good ideas on how to make next year’s EarthBound Fanfest even more tremendous. Let’s see what kind of things we can come up with, shall we?

sprite Kamakazebanzai

Megaman
Mother
Metroid
Half life

sprite JeffGaiaBeam

Get Chuggaaconroy to do a gameplay point

sprite Miracle Fassad

• EarthBound Central
  • Elite4WINNER
  • AprilGroucho
  • Game Swag
  • The Sparkles

Megaman
Mother
Metroid
Half life

Well, Reid asked the chat if anyone had any good ideas on how to make next year’s EarthBound Fanfest even more tremendous.

I think someone missed the point here.

But to add to the topic, I personally would like more GPPs. That way we get more people playing the game, plus you don’t need to play as much at once.

“@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg”

sprite Toko

I like Jeff’s idea. I love Chuggaa.

and Miracle Fassad, I agree. Especially since some people don’t have time to watch the whole GPP.

sprite wingedmonkey

• ebff-10-love
  • ! SummerBound Sun Chip Participation

Maybe different types of medium categories i.e. painting, clay work, digital, ink and pen, etc.

“Hey kid do you wanna become a member?
Come back after you finish Earthbound!”

sprite Kamakazebanzai

Megaman
Mother
Metroid
Half life

Didn’t read the whole thing i guess

But more GPP’s would be great for next year

You have to admit watching them play those games would be awesome

sprite heavenchai

Award Winning eAthlete

• Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
  • Wess Butt
  • Game Swag
  • donor4
  • Holiday Funfest 2012 3rd Place
  • ZAWA RRPS Winner
  • M25FF Participation Award
  • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Judge!
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • 7UP
  • 30th Anniversary Funfest - Staff
  • Body Entanglement Hazard
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - Staff

I really think you guys at Fangamer should try to get in contact with Mark Bussler from Classic Game Room and have him do a live show next year. He is a video game reviewer that reviews ALL OF THE GAMES, whether they’re old or new, no matter what genre, no matter what console. And he always puts an emphasis on the positive aspects of every game he reviews, and only rarely does he ever say that he dislikes a game. I don’t think he has ever played Earthbound, but I’m absolutely sure he would enjoy it.

Here are some interesting samples of his videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsS-Nnliroc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQQ3n_gB2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFlHdlfZQgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF4gyOKoyXM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FIMisIx64

Here’s my favorite one of his reviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6wQoZf_xQ

sprite teknomaniac

• AprilGroucho
  • MOTHER2 Riddles 1 Win
  • Guess the Foppies
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser

I think you guys owe a GPP to a pizza guy (or gal) from Magpie’s. Granted, they probably can’t play while they’re delivering pizzas. Also since you guys almost ALWAYS order a pizza from Magpie’s, maybe you can get an endorsement or something? Get the owner(s) to play through a GPP? I figure you guys have a good rapport with them, so if you could make it happen, why not?

Entice them with an “I PSI Rocked a GPP in the EB Fanfest” custom tshirt.

sprite Super3dcow

An odd idea I had was, what if during each GPP someone played a part from the 8 melodies song in their own unique way, and then at the end of the fanfest Steve puts them all together as a video. Since there were 16 GPPs this year, and if there are 16 next year, the song could be played through twice one after the other, then both together.

sprite Jovis

either wrong or drunk

• Badge Maker!
    • Level 99 Badge
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • donor5
    • PRC Participation
    • April Fool's 2012 Art Submit
    • Halloween Funfest 3rd Place
    • ZAWA RRPS Winner

Host it at an earlier time for the sake of my body clock?

Did I hear correctly that earlier during the fanfest, someone was a friend of a friend of James Rolfe – AKA The Angry Video Game Nerd? Getting him on a GPP would be awesome, so long as he toned down the swears?

sprite PKDX

• donor1
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter

Hey! I have found this cool epic awesome person! maybe he could do a GPP? http://www.youtube.com/user/vaatiofwind12

Steam
    World of Warcraft
    League of Legends Summoner Name: PKDX

AzuBasilisk

It might be nice to have it not during November, or at least not going throughout the entire month, because it’s hard and kind of stressful to keep up with EBFF and NaNoWriMo at the same time. ^^ Especially with other stuff going on, such as my birthday.

sprite phillipblabla

• Game Swag
    • fanvatar2

Tophats and monocles.

Temmie Collector

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • 2nd Strongest Mole
    • Who Arted 13 Wins
    • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2013 Single Participation
    • M25FF Funky Award
    • Holiday FF 13 Category 3rd
    • MOTHER 25th Teddy Collab
    • smash collab
    • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
    • Theoryfest First Place
    • Snowdin2nd
    • !!Cookie Cat
    • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner
    • Undertale Temmie Sees All
    • 30th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd Place

Play the first MOTHER game before playing EarthBound, I would like that.

Ness and Red are like cousins?
    deviantART
    3DS FC 0533-4006-3373

sprite Toko

That would be a cool fanfest Although I still have yet to beat MOTHER. I’m at the haunted house place.

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
    • EarthBound Central
    • dragon
    • ebff-10-urf
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-gppwin
    • Pilotwing Flash Fic
    • AprilGroucho
    • Game Swag
    • fanvatar4
    • Ponsesy Participation
    • Chompy
    • The Sparkles
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • Sky Family Reunion 2014

LET ME HOST!

Just kidding. It was really awesome this year, I really enjoyed all the fan interactions. However, I’m a bit iffy about letting a ‘big name’ host, because The Far From Subtle night was just… beyond insane, a bit ignorant because half of the people didn’t even know what EarthBound was, and… stuff. That’s just me, but it was a bit too insane. And it bothered me when the 800 people suddenly ‘forgot’ about the Fanfest when the next GPP rolled around.

Also, more vast categories for fanfest GPP entries! Go beyond awesome, earthboundy, and love. Also, I would love to see a MOTHER 3 Fanfest in this format.

P.S. I would be touched if you did some sort of charity that would benefit people who are suffering from hunger and poverty in our own country.

TwitterTumblr Deviantart
    [16:24] <broody> I was bitten by a radioactive dress

sprite Karzahnii

• Fanart of the Week
    • artspot
    • hfwinner09
    • dragon
    • Ponsesy Participation
    • The Sparkles

The only way the Fanfest could have been better was if it happened during the summer, so I could get more time to make entries. Otherwise it was a great event.

sprite Toko

Lol, Aangie, I’d be excited if you hosted xD I wouldn’t be too great of a host cause I’m all shy and crap. and Oh, yeah. I hear ya on that one. It was insane but it was actually one of my favorite GPPs. And I had never even heard of FFS until that night. Man, that chat was insane though and it was also annoying when that ONE person kept asking Becky to like take Ben’s hat and put it on Deacon or something like that. >:I;

And Karzahnii, I know how that must feel but it didn’t matter what time for me cause I graduated xD;

polaris12

They say curiosity is like a cat

• Fanart of the Week
    • hfwinner09
    • fanvatar1
    • artspot
    • EarthBound Central
    • OF Prompt Writer
    • ebff-10-gppwin

This year was great! The only thing I want next year is to have Halloween and Christmas/Winter have their own categories and threads, separate from the GPP’s. I love the holiday themed stuff, and it was a bit confusing and restricting to enter them into GPP threads. I feel like we didn’t get as many holiday entries as we could have. Also, maybe spread the time-span out a teensy bit longer into December, to make it feel the holiday spirit or whatever.

I love Ness + Jesus loves me and what I care about = JesusLovesNess

• ebff-10-love
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • donor4
    • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Crafts 1
    • Theoryfest First Place

I really like the bonuses. Maybe more of those. The practical ones that can be used in everyday like (like the wallet) are the “bees knees”.

http://heavenbound.bigcartel.com/what-is-heavenbound
    ^ check out some articles about how the Mother series has overlapped with my faith

sprite bonjourduck

• hfwinner09
    • ebff-10-love

Raise money.
    Buy a van.
    Paint it black.
    Visit the awesome Fanfest artists personally.

sprite Lauramw

• Fanart of the Week
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-urf
    • ebff-10-gppwin
    • fanvatar2
    • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
    • Reid is a Jinjo

I personally loved the FFS night, I thought they did a great job and it seemed like they were all having fun- the point was that a bunch of them HADN’T played the game, and the main host was enthusiastic about introducing them to it.

Also, those voices. So great. (True, their groupies were kind of intense, but was it really that big a deal?)

The only improvement I can think of is to separate Halloween/Holiday entries into their own categories- I can’t really see why they weren’t separate, it discouraged those types of entries. (Unless the point was…to discourage those entries?)

Elobo

Shaolin Master Killer

• artspot
    • Fanart of the Week
    • Monthly Writing Prompt
    • fanvatar2
    • hfwinner09
    • EarthBound Central
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-awesome
    • ebff-10-gppwin
    • Who Arted 27 Wins
    • Pilotwing Flash Fic
    • AprilGroucho
    • Game Swag
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • smash collab
    • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Participation
    • Buck Fever and Dr. Hobo's Guessing Game ft Kid Icarus
    • GURL POWAH
    • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2

Yeah, those categories should be broken up. Unless there would be issues with duplicate entries in GPP and a seasonal categories that would be irreconcilable. The contextuality of these entries is often fairly nebulous.

sprite Toko

Indeed, I agree with all of those points. I was going to do a Holiday entry a few nights before the last GPP, but I didn’t cause the theme was Victory/Cave of the Past. I can’t see how a Holiday themed piece would fit in there. xD; So I ended up not doing one. Oh well. There’s always next year!

As for duplicate entries, I think it would say like in the rules that you can’t enter one picture for more than one Category. If they did, then I’d think a mod would remove their post, no?

HockeyMonkey

Weather Reporting Rebel

• OF Prompt Writer
    • donor2
    • AprilGroucho
    • Game Swag
    • SMCon 2011
    • April Fool's 2012 15-sigs
    • The Sparkles
    • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2012 Single Participation
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
    • !!!Halloween Funfest '16 Staff Helper
    • Joy of EB Fest - 1st

Toko, the deal with the holiday pieces was that you’d stick a ‘Holiday’ or ‘Halloween’ tag onto it and jam it anywhere, even if it had nothing to do with the theme of that particular GPP.

“The only man I ever knew who listened to Aaron Copland to relax.”

• Writing Bootcamp 2011
    • Nt4rift 5
    • RPPA Badge #1
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • Ponsesy Participation
    • Who Arted - 37 Wins
    • PRC Above and Beyond
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • Writing Bootcamp '13
    • I believed in Smash
    • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Crafts 1
    • Buck's Birthday Badge Bonanza Bazinga
    • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
    • !Franklin Badge White

A really really minor suggestion: Could we have the descriptions for the entry to accept the formatting that is used on this forum? I ran into trouble since I wanted to link out to some information about my entry and break the description up into paragraphs.

sprite Actionfighter

• Game Swag

I agree on having seperate Haloween/Christmas catagories, I know that I never got round to doing a Christmas entry as I concentrating on the GPPs, so it would be nice if there was that encouragement.

Maybe a prize for each kind of submission? Keep the awesome, EarthBound and love categories but award the badge to the most fitting art, writing , audio, video and other submissions. Of course, this relies on people submitting all these different things, but it might encourage people to do so if they knew there were multiple awards up for grabs.

sprite Toko

HockeyMonkey, OH. Dang I didn’t know that xD; Oh well.

And I agree with Rune and Actionfighter. I wanted to put descriptions on mine but… Eh. I just kinda made them really short.

I really like Actionfighter’s idea. Perhaps even a contest to make those badges like Spyden did.

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
    • artspot
    • EarthBound Central
    • poe
    • ebff-10-urf
    • Game Swag
    • Fanart of the Week
    • Badge Maker!
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter

One minor thing is that the ‘default’ page for the fanfest (like, the page it sends you to when you go to http://fangamer.com/fanfest/eb/2010/) usually wouldn’t change until a little while before the live show began. It’s probably not too big of a deal, but… it just really confused me sometimes, haha. I just think it would be easier if it was set up to change at like… midnight EST or something. Though I don’t really know how this things works, of course.

If my full username’s too wild, just call me Blu!
    (my tumblr)

sprite Toko

Oh, yeah that confused me too. xD Considering, this is my first fanfest like… Ever. I think one minor setback would be the judging. Spyden is doing a great job, but don’t you think there should be at least 3 people judging?

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
    • EarthBound Central
    • dragon
    • ebff-10-urf
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-gppwin
    • Pilotwing Flash Fic
    • AprilGroucho
    • Game Swag
    • fanvatar4
    • Ponsesy Participation
    • Chompy
    • The Sparkles
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • Sky Family Reunion 2014

There are, actually. He’s been frustrated with trying to get everyone to input, I believe? I forgot why, but there were some issues with judging.

TwitterTumblr Deviantart
    [16:24] <broody> I was bitten by a radioactive dress

sprite Toko

Oh, I thought there was only one. xD; oops. My bad. and O: Dang, that sucks. Maybe get people who have the time to actually help?

sprite stoicmani

• ebff-10-gppwin
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • !Merch Museum

I know the guys at Harcos Labs or SMBC Theater would be happy to do a GPP.

Also, it might be fun to have a community check-in, as in a marker for each of us to check off if we completed the week’s GPP. It would be sort of like a work-out calendar and list all of the people who completed it. Sure, some might lie about doing the GPP, but then they have to live with the guilt

StoicMani
    “I’m a photographic genius, if I do say so myself!”
    Twitter = Yum

sprite reidman

Oh man, we’re totally penciling you in for next year Jon

sprite galaga4991

Ok, I’m just going to throw this idea out here… an entire Mother series Fanfest including Mother 1, 2, and 3! If possible, have a well known reviewer like James Rolfe, Mark Bussler, and/or Chuggaconroy help with commentary of each game (1 reviewer for each game). Maybe some more Fangamer merch (like a book of fan art from the previous EB and Mother 3 Fanfests), some more bonuses (Really liked the wallpapers,using them on both my laptop and my main desktop), etc.

Hope next year’s Fanfest is as good (or better) than this year’s! Great to see how devoted the Earthbound Community is!

sprite Missy

• Fanart of the Week
      • artspot

The only way the Fanfest could have been better was if it happened during the summer, so I could get more time to make entries. Otherwise it was a great event.

I agree with this. It happened right at finals and midterms, and I haven’t even had much time to actually finish any pictures I start. And I’m sure if it was around when a break is there would be more viewers and entries.

♛ ..support my patreon.. ♛ and get access to some cool stuff

sprite Toko

I like that! :’D That is a fantastic idea.

(I don’t really think this is really a Fanfest-related thing here, but it just reminded me, I think there should be like… a sort of contest for designing some merch perhaps?)

sprite galaga4991

I like that! :’D That is a fantastic idea.

(I don’t really think this is really a Fanfest-related thing here, but it just reminded me, I think there should be like… a sort of contest for designing some merch perhaps?)

I support this idea completely. Have the fans design some merch, winners get to be sold on Fangamer. And like I suggested before, it would also be great to see a fan art book like the EB Anthology be made from fan art from these EB fanfests.

sprite Toko

Yeah, like a second Anthalogy! :‘D That’d be so sweet.

sprite Ska Kid

• EarthBound Central

This year’s was epic! If anything maybe more gameplay points.

Livin' Chaotic Neutral

• Game Swag
      • Frong Badge
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • The Sparkles
      • fanvatar4
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      • The world is quiet here
      • ZAWA RRPS Winner
      • BFFF Participation
      • Sith Saved The Day
      • Summers Art Collab!
      • I believed in Smash
      • Lucas Memorial Collab
      • Kassy I'm Sorry
      • White Mafia
      • ghost frog
      • Pink DK
      • Theoryfest Helper
      • Temmie
      • breakdown
      • !Franklin Badge Gold
      • Eatdown
      • !!MOTHER3 Siege
      • 7UP
      • BigMac

I figure i’ll have a HUGETACULULTRAMAZING Anniversary Bound4earth Episode… Yeah. Hugetaculultramazing. It would be cool if the cast could hang out and host together…lol, there’s a 99.99999999999999999999999999999 % chance that won’t happen though…

Meelie (she/it)

sprite Plasma_Panda

Skits.

Le vent se lève! Il faut tenter de vivre!

• Fanart of the Week
      • fanvatar1
      • PuRennur
      • Game Swag
      • artspot
      • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner

I agree wholeheartedly with the summer placement of the fanfest. I had barely any time to work on my entry this time around. These past two months have been (and still are) brutal in terms of workload.

One thing that would be entertaining is a high speed recap of what happened in the last broadcast, complete with clips of the gameplay and voice-over in humorous dialects.

And yes, skits would be amazing.

sprite NesuNess0000

I think its should be a new EarthBound rom hack to be a tribute to EarthBound

MarioMario00000

Livin' Chaotic Neutral

• Game Swag
      • Frong Badge
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • The Sparkles
      • fanvatar4
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      • ZAWA RRPS Winner
      • BFFF Participation
      • Sith Saved The Day
      • Summers Art Collab!
      • I believed in Smash
      • Lucas Memorial Collab
      • Kassy I'm Sorry
      • White Mafia
      • ghost frog
      • Pink DK
      • Theoryfest Helper
      • Temmie
      • breakdown
      • !Franklin Badge Gold
      • Eatdown
      • !!MOTHER3 Siege
      • 7UP
      • BigMac

Mr. Mars, that is BRILLIANT. And a rom hack isn’t that bad of an idea…Earthbound Mega Mix anyone?

Meelie (she/it)

sprite Abidon

I wasn’t able to even see the fanfest thanks to various internet/computer problems.:(.

I would love to see a dramatic reading of an earthbound fanfiction, though that’s just me.

sprite wingedmonkey

• ebff-10-love
      • ! SummerBound Sun Chip Participation

I think the one idea I agree with is the one most are saying about making the holiday its own GPP day. I did the same as most people, I didn’t really decide to make one because of being burnt out from all the other GPP’s.

“Hey kid do you wanna become a member?
      Come back after you finish Earthbound!”

sprite Space Guy

Try making lifesize Ninten, Ness, and Lucas models out of Clay, or just some painted squares or something like that to celebrate not only earthbound, but the mother series!

Livin' Chaotic Neutral

• Game Swag
      • Frong Badge
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • The Sparkles
      • fanvatar4
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      • ZAWA RRPS Winner
      • BFFF Participation
      • Sith Saved The Day
      • Summers Art Collab!
      • I believed in Smash
      • Lucas Memorial Collab
      • Kassy I'm Sorry
      • White Mafia
      • ghost frog
      • Pink DK
      • Theoryfest Helper
      • Temmie
      • breakdown
      • !Franklin Badge Gold
      • Eatdown
      • !!MOTHER3 Siege
      • 7UP
      • BigMac

OMG LEGOS!!! If only I had enough bricks…

Meelie (she/it)