Gaspar End Of Time Standing sprite Fanfest Judging

Here be the Schedule and Results. Judging HYPER COMBO FINISH!!!

I hope you have a fantastic day.

These cut eyes do not help in discernment.

• donor5
  • Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • Spyden is Avatar/Badge Czar
  • SMCon 2011

Sorry for the small delay in getting this out, but here is the schedule for the EB Fanfest Extravaganza! To clarify, the cut-off day is the last day that submissions will be eligible for judging. Anything submitted after this day will not be taken into consideration for that GPP. HOWEVER, submissions of all types will be judged for the final overall categories up until the very last cut-off day, December 3rd. So feel free to keep submitting for past GPPs.

Also, if you end up winning a GPP or other category in which a physical prize needs to be mailed to you. Please send your mailing address by email to [email protected]. This way Reid will have your address and should be able to get your prize to you faster.

Judging Schedule

Day of GPP GPP Name Special Category Cutoff Date Judging Status
Mon Oct 25 Onett (GPP 1) Rebellion Mon Nov 1 Complete
Wed Oct 27 Twoson (GPP 2) Devotion Mon Nov 1 Complete
Fri Oct 29 Threed (GPP 3) Foreboding Wed Nov 3 Complete
Mon Nov 1 Winters (GPP 4) Independence Fri Nov 5 Complete
Wed Nov 3 Saturn Valley (GPP 5) Weirdness Mon Nov 8 Complete
Fri Nov 5 Grapefruit Falls (GPP 6) Nastiness Mon Nov 8 Complete
Mon Nov 8 Dusty Dunes (GPP 7) Adventure Wed Nov 10 Complete
Wed Nov 10 Fourside / Moonside (GPP 8) Surprise Wed Nov 10 Complete
Fri Nov 12 Summers (GPP 9) Snootiness Fri Nov 12 Complete
Mon Nov 15 Halftime Show Halloween Sat Nov 13
Wed Nov 17 Dalaam (GPP 10) Simplicity Wed Nov 17 Complete
Fri Nov 19 Scaraba (GPP 11) Legend Fri Nov 19 Complete
Mon Nov 22 Deep Darkness (GPP 12) Shyness Mon Nov 22 Complete
Wed Nov 24 Stonehenge (GPP 13) Ambition Wed Nov 24 Complete
Fri Nov 26 Black Friday M2 Novel Mon Nov 22
Mon Nov 29 Lost Underworld (GPP 14) Perspective Mon Nov 29 Complete
Wed Dec 1 Magicant (GPP 15) Illusion Wed Dec 1 Complete
Fri Dec 3 Cave of the Past (GPP 16) Triumph Fri Dec 3 Complete
Mon Dec 6 Award Show Holiday Fri Dec 3

This thread will also be used to post results for GPPs. Not to mention any comments regarding them as they are released.

• donor5
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • SMCon 2011

Without further ado…

Onett (GPP 1) Judging Results

Love
EB Enemy trading card set by wingedmonkey
—- This is an amazing set of cards, all done with excellent marker work. The time it took to make these is a worthy showing of love all on its own. The fact that these cards turned out to be so faithful to the game shows this love even more.
Earthbound
Onett Rebellion by aangie
—-Another piece with markers as the medium, Aangie encapsulates the opening Onett experience into one picture. The whimsical, child-like charm this gives tells of the player’s starting view of the game. The colors are bright and striking, and the town is almost bouncing with activity.
Awesome
1/128 Quest: Grinding for Pizza by Stevesesy
—-And now we see the ugly side of Onett. Taking into account the actions a player must go through to complete the 1/128 challenge, Stevesesy shows just how vicious Ness gets when searching for an item as simple as a Pizza.
Rebellion
What’s Your Name by The Pig King
—-The pick for Rebellion was tough, but in the end, The Pig King’s entry was too hard to ignore. Creating a good piece of Earthbound Fanfiction is tough enough as it is, but The Pig King takes that challenge a step further. His focus is the first thing that you encounter when starting a new game, the naming screen. This is unique by itself, but his use of 2nd person, a perspective that is rarely used and hard to pull off, gives the opportunity to read deeper into this short fanfic. Who exactly are you? The first guess is the player, but there are clues that point to the possibility of you being someone else. This leads to many theories beyond this, many of which you can make a case for. Bucking conventional writing trends, as well as choosing a theme which, to my knowledge, has never been done before, The Pig King presents us with a piece that goes against the norm, and succeeds depite everything going against it.
Honorable Mentions
First Foes by Bluwiikoon
—-A fun representation of the “First Foes” the player encounters. Well done!
Life of a Trumpeteer by Zafum
—-This soothing homage to this oft-forgotten melody is definitely worth your time.
Vignettes from EB – Onett by Rogueofmv
—-An enjoyable retelling of Ness’ time in Onett.

That’s all for GPP1! Keep up the good work guys, there are plenty of great submissions coming in, and we still have 15 GPPs to go!

sprite phillipblabla

• Game Swag
  • fanvatar2

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFANTASTIC WORK GUYS

The Fool With Stars in Her Eyes

• Game Swag
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • Funktastic Fest Funktastic Contests
  • The Sparkles
  • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2012 Single Participation
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar4
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Participation Award
  • M25FF Funky Award
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • Veteran's Day Casual Pokemon Participation
  • GURL POWAH
  • Lucas Collab
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • Silver Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • Theoryfest Second Place
  • !Merch Museum
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Campfire Tales Story Shared

Yay, congratulations to y’all 8D

sprite Lauramw

• Fanart of the Week
  • ebff-10-love
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • fanvatar2
  • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
  • Reid is a Jinjo

Congrats to all the winners so far!

sprite Demon Claus

• Game Swag
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • ZAWA RRPS Winner
  • Badge Maker!
  • BFFF 3rd
  • ghost frog
  • Theoryfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • The lowercase t badge

AWESOME! Kudos to you winners!

Twitter
Andrew: Hahahaha! Screw you all they’re playing Elton John!

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
  • artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • poe
  • ebff-10-urf
  • Game Swag
  • Fanart of the Week
  • Badge Maker!
  • EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • April Fool's 2012 Art Submit

Oh wow, thank you for the honourable mention. That was a really fun picture to draw, and I’m glad other people like it as much as I do!

Congratulations to everyone else, too!

If my full username’s too wild, just call me Blu!
(my tumblr)

sprite Demon Claus

• Game Swag
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • ZAWA RRPS Winner
  • Badge Maker!
  • BFFF 3rd
  • ghost frog
  • Theoryfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • The lowercase t badge

^ I believe you mean :AWESOMER: because your all ready awesome.

Twitter

thepigking

Most definitely not a villain

• fanvatar3
  • EarthBound Central
  • OF Prompt Writer
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • ebff-10-awesome

Wow. To be honest, I wasn’t really expecting to win anything with that, and wasn’t even trying for the main category, but I’m happy nonetheless. Congratulations to all the other winners, as well as everyone else who entered.

Also, do the cutoff dates mean that the deadline is as soon as the day begins or as soon as it ends? For example, would Friday’s deadline mean that you can’t submit anything after 11 :59 P.M. on Thursday or 11:59 P.M. on Friday?

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be…

• donor5
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • SMCon 2011

To clarify, the cut-off day is the last day that submissions will be eligible for judging. Anything submitted after this day will not be taken into consideration for that GPP.

I suppose I wasn’t clear enough, and honestly, taking into account time zones the 11:59 thing becomes troublesome, and I’m not a nazi when it comes to deadlines.

If want to submit something for GPP4 and you look at your computer clock and it is still November 5th, we will still accept the submission for judging. If you look at the clock and it is November 6th, by about 20 minutes, we’ll still accept the submission. If you look at the clock and it is 5PM on November 6th, you are too late for that GPP but not for the Overall categories at the end of the fanfest.

Look at your clock, now back to me, now back to your clock, now Back to me. Unfortunately, your clock does not mean anything to me, look back at it, back to me. I’m at a desk, judging with critical eye all your hard work. Look at your work, now to me, your work is now badges! Anything is possible in the EB Fanfest, you only have to try; I’m on a bike.

Hope that helps.

sprite wingedmonkey

• ebff-10-love
  • ! SummerBound Sun Chip Participation

Sweet! Thank you! I feel so cool I didn’t think I’d win but honestly love really is what got me through finishing that card set.

“Hey kid do you wanna become a member?
Come back after you finish Earthbound!”

• donor5
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • SMCon 2011

Twoson (GPP 2) Judging Results

Love
Halloween in Eagleland by Lauramw
—- A charming looking into a holiday that just passed us by, seeing classic Earthbound characters dressed as other Earthbound characters is just too cute to pass up. With the heroes all going as villains (I find Paula’s choice of going as a Mook particularly hilarious), and the villains going as the heroes, this fantastically realized scene is one that really shows a profound love for the game.
Earthbound
Daily Devotion Broadcast by daxxglax
—- This radio broadcast, featuring a delightful member of the HappyHappy cult, manages to capture the strange humor found in this section of Earthbound. From the calm delivery to the references made from the cult’s point of view, I can already hear this broadcast being aired on many blueblue radios in the town.
Awesome
Blind Devotion by Kaigetsudo
—- Holy freaking crap. This is awesome. The rendering of this cultist is striking from the moment one lays eyes on it, and he stares right back with those blueblue eyes. An excellent piece all around and definitely worthy of this award.
Devotion
Devotion and Happy Happyists by Stevesesy and Blackkat
—- Choosing the winner for this category was, once again, extremely difficult. In the end, Stevesesy’s short film, highlighting the unsettling air surrounding the HappyHappy cult, proved to show devotion on several levels. Attention to costume design and placing a modern flair to the cult members gives a gritty feel to the entire “initiation”, and the casting of Carpainter is particularly well done. The cultists, while threatening enough that you wouldn’t want to meet them in a dark alley, are still interesting to watch as they lug the new initiate to the intimidating Carpainter. All this said, Blackkat’s still picture of the event served to add even more to the creepiness of this event and the insane devotion that these cult members have to their twisted leader. So, both Stevesesy and Blackkat have been chosen for the Devotion category. Congratulations! Be sure to E-mail Reid your address for your prize!
Honorable Mentions
Obsession by Elobo
—- A creepy take on a character that is not generally thought about too much. After seeing this, I won’t look at the Mushroom Girl the same way ever again.
Cobalt Crowd by bluwiikoon
—- This cute crowd is bursting with personality and fun, can you spot all the odd members out?
Quartet for Devotion, Tenacity, and Dauntlessness by Icebox
—- A retelling of the HappyHappy saga in poetry, this Quartet is three times as good when read aloud. The opening Prelude is particularly striking, and the entire collection is definitely worth your time.

Threed’s next, though not for at least a couple days.

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • dragon
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-love
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • Pilotwing Flash Fic
  • AprilGroucho
  • Game Swag
  • fanvatar4
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • Chompy
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • Sky Family Reunion 2014

Hey, thank you so much! I was in Florida when I found out I had won something, and I was really happy. Congrats to everyone else as well!

TwitterTumblr Deviantart
[16:24] <broody> I was bitten by a radioactive dress

sprite Lauramw

• Fanart of the Week
  • ebff-10-love
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • fanvatar2
  • Reid is a Jinjo

Awwwww yay! My little heart badge beats with undying love!

Daxxglax

• Obama
  • Invisiguy
  • EarthBound Central
  • hfwinner09
  • OF Prompt Writer
  • ebff-10-urf
  • AprilGroucho
  • PuRennur
  • Game Swag

Thanks! I’m glad that my submission was portrayed effectively!

Are these badges decay-types ro permanent?

Twitter DeviantArt Tumblr

Steam handle: The Littlest Man

• donor5
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • SMCon 2011

All badges given are permanent. (to my knowledge at least.)

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • dragon
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-love
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • Pilotwing Flash Fic
  • AprilGroucho
  • Game Swag
  • fanvatar4
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • Chompy
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo

Also I wanted to thank you for giving the Fan Fictions spotlight! I felt like they were unfairly overlooked before, and I really, really appreciate you acknowledging them. <3

TwitterTumblr Deviantart

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
  • artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • poe
  • ebff-10-urf
  • Game Swag
  • Fanart of the Week
  • Badge Maker!
  • EBFF 2011 Submitter

Aww, thanks for giving me another honourable mention!

I’ve said it before, but I really, really like Elobo’s entry.

(my tumblr)

• donor5
  • EarthBound Central
  • AprilGroucho
  • SMCon 2011

Threed (GPP 3) Judging Results

Love
Threed Trick-Or-Threat Candy Bowl by Aangie
—- There must be some joy in turning a decorated cup or bowl around in that you never know what’s going to be just around the edge. Watching Aangie’s Threed-themed Halloween bowl show several well drawn icons of Earthbound’s B-movie city was exciting as more and more was revealed. Clearly a lot of thought was put into making this bowl, which would most likely be overlooked by every Trick-or-treater coming to her door. Shame really, they would been treated to more than just sweets.
Earthbound
Unexpected Homesickness by SaturnStorm
—- This one-panel comic highlights an aspect of the game that is wholly unique to Earthbound (to my knowledge) and makes fun of it. The scene is priceless, leading one to wonder what other strange connections Ness could make between reality and his home. The art style is clean and the color choice for the comic is very well done. Only Earthbound can bring together children with psychic powers (or laser guns in Jeff’s case), fighting zombie dogs, and getting homesick and still have it all make sense, and that is precisely what SaturnStorm portrays.
Awesome
The Haunted Phase Distorter by ardwick_of_onett
—- From the beginning of the judging process, ardwick’s animation was at the front of the pack. The hardest choice was figuring out which of the four categories it best fit into. After much deliberation, we can only conclude that this trailer is truly awesome. Smooth animation with a neat premise to drive it, I want to see more (though I probably will not). It isn’t often that animation is submitted to Sm.net, so this is awesome in that regard also. Well done!
Foreboding
Creeping Bluesy Horror by EnnuiKing and Surrounding Evil by florosprout
—- You people just don’t want to make it easy for me. EnnuiKing brings us a remix of the Hidden Track in Earthbound. But I didn’t know this on my first several playthroughs of the song. If you have not listened to the entire song, you’ll be in for a treat. I’d explain myself more, but that wouldn’t be very fair, now would it? florosprout sets up a pretty bleak situation in this picture, with our heroes trapped by the hordes of undead. At the same time, florosprout manages to keep the picture from going overboard on the mood it is trying to set. The excellent choices of textures lend this piece to feel like a page taken from a children’s picture book. Kids turning to this page probably wouldn’t be feeling as confident as they were when Jeff first arrived on the scene. These two mediums convey an excellent sense of Foreboding in their own way, and, once again, I can’t find it in my heart to choose. Be sure to send Reid your addresses so he can send you your prize!
Honorable Mention
Trapped Forever by bluwiikoon
—- A rather grisly end to this journey. Ness and Paula really should have followed that Zombie Lady.
Don’t Wash Me Bro! by Elobo
—- Another excellent piece from Elobo, who shows us the best way to deal with Putrid Moldymen.

sprite florosprout

• ebff-10-gppwin
  • ebff-10-love
  • April Fool's 2012 1-sig
  • fanvatar2

. . .
Wow, I didn’t expect to win anything, thanks a ton guys!

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • dragon
  • ebff-10-urf
  • ebff-10-love
  • ebff-10-gppwin
  • Pilotwing Flash Fic
  • AprilGroucho
  • Game Swag
  • fanvatar4
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • Chompy
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo

Awwwww yay! My little heart badge beats with undying love!

^Pretty much how I feel as well! Thank you so much, and congrats to the rest of the winners! I did have a lot of fun making it, and yeah, I have to admit, it got a bigger crack in it because of all the children trying to get the candy. All well, I could probably glue it back!

TwitterTumblr Deviantart

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
  • artspot
  • EarthBound Central
  • poe
  • ebff-10-urf
  • Game Swag
  • Fanart of the Week
  • Badge Maker!
  • EBFF 2011 Submitter

Whoa, another honourable mention? o: Thanks a ton, haha! I’m really flattered.

(my tumblr)

sprite Harlequin

I’m sorry I’m a little confused….
    You can submit by the cutoff date to win for that category?
    But you have until december 3rd to submit for …. best ???

I just want to know if I should start working on a theme that hasn’t come up yet or if I should just do whatever and submit even if it was in the past.
    I know any submission is a good submission but those prizes are sooooooo coooooool!!!!!!

• donor5
    • EarthBound Central
    • AprilGroucho
    • SMCon 2011

You should submit what you want to submit. Work on what you want to work on.

You can not win a GPP-specific category after the deadline for that day.

You CAN win an overall category if the piece is done and posted by Dec 3rd.

• donor5
    • EarthBound Central
    • AprilGroucho
    • SMCon 2011

Winters (GPP 4) Judging Results

Love
    Separate Ways by Ginrei
    —- These two adorable crochet dolls reenact Jeff’s departure from Winters (though the setting is decidedly more green than Winters). It is this placement of the dolls in the natural setting that captures the friendship that the two share and the bittersweet parting in which they must endure. The young and innocent characters displayed against reality is also a telling sign not only of their outlook but also what Jeff is venturing out into. This combination of excellent crochet work and photography wins this category.
    Earthbound
    The Ballad of Jeff and Tony by Lauramw
    —- And to contrast that innocent relationship, lauramw provides three comics that paint a decidedly different picture. Focusing on events that happened in the game itself and applying a bit more thought to what really happened, we see that Jeff may not be the great hero he’s cracked up to be, that Tony has strange ideas of getting over fences and that Maxwell has an odd sense of humor himself. And that’s just ONE interpretation that these comics give. Well done.
    Awesome
    Ness: Freedom from the Mundane by Chellebert
    —- This fantastic blend of ink and watercolor shows us Ness embarking on the journey that would determine that fate of the world. From the seemingly endless road before him to the shadows of Giygas looming around him, Chellebert finds a way to give a foreboding sense of what is to come, and contrasting that to the warm colors surrounding Ness. Ness looks a bit apathetic, however I am not sure how I would feel if a (not) bee from the future came and told me that I had to save the world from some alien that I’ve never seen or heard of. He goes because he knows he must, though one can certainly interpret this differently. Either way, this is an Awesome piece.
    Independence
    It’s Fate, Jeff by angela
    —- Angela treats us to a short fanfiction focusing on Jeff’s departure from Snow Wood. After setting the scene with a battered and trapped Ness and Paula, we turn to Jeff and his reactions to the crazy thoughts to brave the weather of Winters to respond to a dream telling him to go south. I can’t say much more without ruining the experience, but let’s just say that Angela does a fantastic job explaining Jeff’s reasoning to go to Threed. Congratulations, and be sure to send Reid your address so he can send you your prize!
    Honorable Mention
    Tessing Around by bluwiikoon
    —- A charming halloween theme which dresses up Tessie, which, to my knowledge, has never been done. Hang in there bluwiikoon! Keep submitting great fanart and you’re sure to win!
    Jeff in Winters by masheysoup23
    —- A simple look at Jeff which accentuates his lonely progress through Winters.
    Who is calling me out there… by Starpu
    —- A quality look at Jeff and Bubble Monkey in Winters. Nicely done.

sprite GirlofNinten

• ebff-10-love

Congratulations for the winners!

You know that one person on DeviantArt, Saturn-In-Sky ? Yeah, that’s me.

sprite Lauramw

• Fanart of the Week
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-urf
    • ebff-10-gppwin
    • fanvatar2
    • Reid is a Jinjo

Angela’s fanfiction was super good! Congratulations to her and all the other winners, too!

sprite Chellebert

• ebff-10-awesome
    • ebff-10-love
    • ebff-10-urf
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
    • 1st Strongest Mole

Thank you for the awesome badge. it is quite awesome.
    Congrats!

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
    • artspot
    • EarthBound Central
    • poe
    • ebff-10-urf
    • Game Swag
    • Fanart of the Week
    • Badge Maker!
    • EBFF 2011 Submitter

Another honourable mention!? o: I’m flattened, hahaha! That was a really nice comment, too, thank you!

I’ll keep hanging on until my arms fall off! Although I’m really just drawing all this stuff because I want to, rather than to win and all that. Drawing EB stuff every day and trying different things really is a fun adventure~

blah blah blah ANYWAY I really enjoyed all the entries of the winners this time! Congrats guys, you deserve it.

(my tumblr)

HockeyMonkey

Weather Reporting Rebel

• OF Prompt Writer
    • donor2
    • AprilGroucho
    • Game Swag
    • SMCon 2011
    • April Fool's 2012 15-sigs
    • The Sparkles
    • Reid is a Jinjo
    • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Judge!
    • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
    • !!!Halloween Funfest '16 Staff Helper
    • Joy of EB Fest - 1st

I think they’re saving you for a really great prize Blue, don’t want to burn up all their talent in the first half!

“The only man I ever knew who listened to Aaron Copland to relax.”

sprite reidman

BTW Spyden I just updated the list there to reflect the fact that the Halftime show happens on Monday, might want to double check the deadlines to make sure I didn’t mess up your schedule.

HockeyMonkey

Weather Reporting Rebel

• OF Prompt Writer
      • donor2
      • AprilGroucho
      • Game Swag
      • SMCon 2011
      • April Fool's 2012 15-sigs
      • The Sparkles
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Judge!
      • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
      • Joy of EB Fest - 1st

Summers is due today?! Oh crud oh crud oh crud.

“The only man I ever knew who listened to Aaron Copland to relax.”

• Writing Bootcamp 2011
      • Nt4rift 5
      • RPPA Badge #1
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • Who Arted - 37 Wins
      • PRC Above and Beyond
      • Reid is a Jinjo
      • Writing Bootcamp '13
      • I believed in Smash
      • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Crafts 1
      • Buck's Birthday Badge Bonanza Bazinga
      • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
      • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
      • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
      • !Franklin Badge White

Didn’t really expect to win with my entry but congrats to the winners. You guys did a good job!

• donor5
      • EarthBound Central
      • AprilGroucho
      • SMCon 2011

Saturn Valley (GPP 5) Judging Results—-shorter descriptions this time around.

Love
      The Door into Weirdness by GirlofNinten
      —- Completely covering a door in Earthbound takes a lot of time and effort. If this isn’t love for the series, I don’t know what is.
      Earthbound
      Me make friend, boing. by bluwiikoon
      —- Capturing the charm of Mr. Saturn and their whimsical nature, bluwiikoon shows us the creative side of a Saturn who has created a friend out of trash. Well done!
      Awesome
      Welcome to Saturn Valley by Draca
      —- Why this one wins awesome is self explanatory. Beautifully(?) done, all of the characters look amazing and Mr. Saturn in particular is more repulsive than I’ve seen him in recent memory. The combo of amazing art and weird was just too much to ignore. Excellent!
      Weirdness
      Peanut Cheese Bars by CircularGeometry
      —- Of all the entries, this one stood out the most. The only recipe that I’ve seen in this fanfest so far, and certainly one of the few I’ve seen on this site, CircularGeometry treats us to a recipe that is as fun to read as it is to make and eat. That’s right, I actually made me and my friends some Peanut Cheese Bars. To be fair, the bars aren’t really so much of a bar as a pudding, but that doesn’t take away from it’s rich taste. The results were mixed, from not wanting to finish to cleaning out the bowl. Perhaps the results would have been better if I was able to locate the delisauce, which happened to be a rather important ingredient, or the Hat-Ness which probably would have helped as well. Anyway, if you like peanut butter, cream cheese, cool whip, and nice small desserts, then you’ll love this recipe. Definitely a strange entry, and not a bad one at that.
      Honorable Mention
      This Saturn is a Disgrace by Toko
      —- A strange look at a Mr. Saturn and Mad Duck (and Photo guy?)
      The planet Saturn by OfficerJordan
      —- A neat look at Mr. Saturn’s orginal home.

I love Ness + Jesus loves me and what I care about = JesusLovesNess

• ebff-10-love
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • donor4
      • Theoryfest First Place

now I’m craving some PBcheese bars… i’ll have to go shopping.

http://heavenbound.bigcartel.com/what-is-heavenbound
      ^ check out some articles about how the Mother series has overlapped with my faith

sprite Bluwiikoon

• dragon
      • artspot
      • EarthBound Central
      • poe
      • ebff-10-urf
      • Game Swag
      • Fanart of the Week
      • Badge Maker!
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter

I saw that I now have an Urf badge while I was browsing another topic, and I was like… (haha, that sure is a funny smilie.)

All I can say is thank you! That was a really awesome surprise to wake up to. I was really pleased with both the idea of that picture and how I drew it, so I’m happy!

Congrats to everyone else, as well! I love GirlofNinten’s door (that must have taken forever!), Draca’s picture, both the honourable mentions (although Toko’s entry doesn’t work if you click it, there’s an extra ‘g’ on the end of the url), and the Peanut Cheese Bar recipe. Though if I tried making some PCBs, I’d probably end up burning down the kitchen, hahaha. Basically, I love everything! o:

(my tumblr)

sprite GirlofNinten

• ebff-10-love

I was sick the whole day, and I wanted to check my messages. Then I saw my little heart badge! I’m so happy!

And yes, it took quite some time. For two weeks my daily schedule was: Wake up, draw, go to school, draw, eat dinner, draw, sleep and repeat. xD

You know that one person on DeviantArt, Saturn-In-Sky ? Yeah, that’s me.

Ginrei

• Fanart of the Week
      • ebff-10-love

Aaaw dang. Now I’m gonna hafta buy myself a Snow Wood hoodie. But my heart badge! Huzzah! My name/badges are so girly and pink~!

And yeah. My picture is more green that white. BUT. It was really good Tessie watching weather that day! aka SUPER WINDY. Jeff was held up with a bamboo skewer, but Tony was just balanced on my deck… and kept blowing off… and his hat would blow away… but ALAS, I saw no Tessie.

sprite Toko

O:! Oh, wow an honorable mention!? Awesome! I feel awesome now. ;v;

sprite phillipblabla

• Game Swag
      • fanvatar2

Sob. Sob.

sprite yadoking

• EBFF 2011 Submitter

Thanks for all you’re doing Spyden, you rock!

My hangouts:
      151chan
      199Xchan

sprite ardwick_of_onett

• dragon
      • ghostofstarman
      • foppy
      • ebff-10-awesome
      • ebff-10-urf

I’m obviously late with this, but wow, I’m fairly surprised I wound up winning something. ’twas a cool surprise. Thanks!

• donor5
      • EarthBound Central
      • AprilGroucho
      • SMCon 2011

x2 Judging Combo!

Grapefruit Falls (GPP 6) Judging Results

Love
      Master Garbage by fiyeroblue
      —- A great collection of perler bead sprites and a unique setting to show them off reeks of her love for the series.
      Earthbound
      The Life of a Calorie Stick by RaveFury
      —- There isn’t much more obscure than the humble Calorie Stick, and this fanfiction is written from the tasty snack’s perspective as he travels in Ness’s backpack. Definitely worth the read (obviously) if you have the time. Great Work!
      Awesome
      Master Belch by Leiden
      —- UGH! What is that STENCH? Oh hey, Belch, what’s up? A fantastic rendering of Master Belch, keeping the Earthbound vibe while still keeping the gross factor in place. I like the facial expression, very accurate and hilarious.
      Nastiness
      Jeff Andonuts’ Journal: Master Belch’s Factory by CrackedBat
      —- There were plenty of entries that showed some level of Nasty, but CrackedBat walks us through this repulsive factory to the pile of barf himself. Just imagining these creatures based on the descriptions given makes them even nastier than I had ever dared to think about.
      Honorable Mention
      Southern Paula and Southern Ness by JesusLovesNess
      —- A major contender for the Nastiness prize, I am VERY glad that these are not our beloved heroes.
      Master Belch Face Hat by justinbailey
      —- +100 points if this hat smells terrible. Sadly, smell is hard to convey over the internet.

Dusty Dunes (GPP 7) Judging Results

Love
      Fear and Loathing in Eagleland by OfficerJordan
      —- This piece is filled with EB references and scene itself is amazing if a bit unrealistic. From the small details to the overall work, only someone who loves the series will see the love put into this.
      Earthbound
      Nothing by The Pig King
      —- A fanfiction from the perspective of a certain “resident” of the Dusty Dunes Desert. This piece does an excellent job capturing the isolation of the desert and the rewards of talking to anything in the game. You may just make someone’s…uh…afterlife just by sparing them a moment.
      Awesome
      Of Moles and Miners by RaveFury
      —- RaveFury strikes again with another pleasant romp through the Dusty Dunes segment of the game. A lot of great references and a great integration of image, music, and text lend this piece to be a great overall experience. Well Done!
      Adventure
      Whack-A-Mole by Aangie
      —- Our three heroes battle 5 of the 3rd strongest moles, capturing a great sense of danger but also adventure. The moles themselves are appropriately ferocious, and Ness and Paula are smeared with dirt from the mines and the fight. Jeff has probably been watching his step and staying out of the way, through the trek through the mines and their fight with the Moles. Overall, this is a great piece to look at that succeeds in conveying the mine experience of Earthbound. Excellent!
      Honorable Mention
      UFO Romance in the Night Sky by bluwiikoon
      —- bluwiikoon strikes again with another adorable depiction of Earthbound characters! Awwwwwwwwww.
      Number 3 by stoicmani
      —- I love the facial expressions here and this also does a good job of showing the adventure through the mines. Well done.

If you won the daily category, be sure to contact reidman (refer to the first post).

ALSO, the winner of the badge contest is GaiaDragon! Congratulations!

I love Ness + Jesus loves me and what I care about = JesusLovesNess

• ebff-10-love
      • EBFF 2011 Submitter
      • donor4
      • Theoryfest First Place

Thanks for the honorable mention! I feel honored. Keeping bubba teeth with me at all times and wearing Ness shirts 80 out of 100 days this past summer really paid off. Congrats to the other winners also.

http://heavenbound.bigcartel.com/what-is-heavenbound
      ^ check out some articles about how the Mother series has overlapped with my faith

Aangie

No pantalones

• artspot
      • EarthBound Central
      • dragon
      • ebff-10-urf
      • ebff-10-love
      • ebff-10-gppwin
      • Pilotwing Flash Fic
      • AprilGroucho
      • Game Swag
      • fanvatar4
      • Ponsesy Participation
      • Chompy
      • The Sparkles
      • Reid is a Jinjo

:O… Oh my goodness, I won a GPP! Totally wasn’t expecting that one! Personally I thought it wasn’t my best entry, but now I’m so proud! Thank you so much, and congrats to the other winners! <3

TwitterTumblr Deviantart

sprite CrackedBat

• ebff-10-gppwin
      • ZAWA RRPS Winner

Whoa… Ha! I actually won! This is awesome! Thank you so much, and congrats to the other winners!

sprite RaveFury

danceparty!

• donor3
      • ebff-10-urf
      • ebff-10-awesome
      • M25FF Motherly Award
      • M25FF Funky Award
      • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Participation
      • SummerBound First Place
      • Articles Badge
      • FOTM (Fanfic) Perm.
      • Monthly Writing Prompt Gold
      • 30th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd Place

I’m very, very honored to have been recognized for my work twice in one day! Thank you!

This is a little bit like Christmas.

sprite iamohjay

• artspot
      • ebff-10-love

Hey, I’m so happy I won the Love category. Thanks! I wasn’t sure if it was really my best effort, but I’m glad that I got it.

And congratulations to you, Shannon, for winning the GPP!

sprite Demon Claus

• Game Swag
      • Monthly Writing Prompt
      • ZAWA RRPS Winner
      • Badge Maker!
      • BFFF 3rd
      • ghost frog
      • Theoryfest Helper
      • !Franklin Badge White
      • The lowercase t badge

If I enter GPP 8 before you finish judging will I still be eligible to win? Because I finally thought of an idea, but I probably won’t be able to submit it until sometime tonight.

Twitter

• donor5
      • EarthBound Central
      • AprilGroucho
      • SMCon 2011

Unfortunately no, the only new submissions that will be accepted to win the GPP prizes are the ones for GPP11 (Scaraba) and onward. You can still submit to any thread for the overall categories until the Dec. 3rd, however.