Starman sprite Starman Super Awards 2023

this is my TENTH TIME

sprite BlueDrago

Buck Fever accidentally gave me a rank and if I had one before this one I should contact Buck Fever and have him fix it

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2012 Single Participation
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • Holiday Funfest 2012 2nd Place
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Participation Award
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
  • Video Game Riddles Gold
  • Game Guessing Game 3
  • Pooh's Homerun Derby Participation Badge
  • BlueDrago Starman Super Awards Badge

The 10th Annual

Starman Super Awards

Game of the Year 2023 Title Nominated By Seconded By
Alan Wake 2 Last Minute
Baldur’s Gate 3 Starter
Final Fantasy XVI Last Minute
Winner! The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Starter
Pikmin 4 Last Minute
Runner-up Super Mario Bros. Wonder Starter IgneousWyvern, OilFreak
Presentation Title Nominated By Seconded By
Sights – Best Graphical or Visual Art Direction
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Starter
Pikmin 4 Starter
Winner! Super Mario Bros. Wonder IgneousWyvern
Sounds – Best Soundtrack or Sound Design
Winner! Final Fantasy XVI Starter MinawaKitten
Runner-up Hi-Fi Rush Last Minute
Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical Starter
Story – Best Narrative
Alan Wake 2 Starter
Winner! Baldur’s Gate 3 Last Minute
Octopath Traveler II Starter
Systems – Best Game Design
Dave the Diver Starter
Winner! The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom IgneousWyvern
Street Fighter 6 Starter
Aspects of the Industry Title Nominated By Seconded By
Best Non-Nintendo AAA Game
Alan Wake 2 Last Minute
Winner! Baldur’s Gate 3 Starter
Final Fantasy XVI Last Minute
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Starter
Best Indie Game
Winner! Anima Reprise Pio_Dov
Sea of Stars Starter
Runner-up Venba Starter
Best Port, Remake, or Remaster
Tie! Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective Starter MariettaRC, MinawaKitten
Metroid Prime Remastered Starter OilFreak
Tie! Super Mario RPG Last Minute
Best DLC, Update, Expansion, or Ongoing Game
Winner! Final Fantasy XIV MinawaKitten
Gorilla Tag ChromiumTrinity
Rec Room ChromiumTrinity
World of Warcraft Classic: Season of Discovery Starter
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed Starter
Looking Back, Looking Ahead Title Nominated By Seconded By
Nicest Surprise
Runner-up F-Zero 99 Starter OilFreak
Hi-Fi Rush Starter
Winner! Super Mario RPG Last Minute
Biggest Disappointment
Tie! Detective Pikachu Returns Starter
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Starter
Tie! Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass OilFreak
Notable Gaming Moment
Chris Metzen Returns to Blizzard Starter
Winner! Closure of Nintendo eShop for 3DS and Wii U Last Minute
Nintendo Direct June 21, 2023 Starter
2022 Consolation Prize
Winner! Elden Ring Starter
Runner-up Splatoon 3 Starter
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Last Minute
Most Anticipated Upcoming Game
Tie! Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Starter
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth Starter
Tie! Persona 3 Reload MinawaKitten
Around the Site Title Nominated By Seconded By
Most Awesome Starmen.Net Happening Mother 3 Anniversary Funfest N/A N/A
Draklor’s Outstanding User Award Witch’s Cadence N/A N/A
Legacy Awards Title Nominated By Seconded By
Legacy 5 – Game of the Year 2018
Dragon Quest XI Starter
God of War Starter
Winner! The World Ends With You: Final Remix Pio_Dov
Legacy 10 – Game of the Year 2013
The Last of Us Starter
Winner! The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds IgneousWyvern
Pikmin 3 Pio_Dov
Runner-up Pokemon X & Y IgneousWyvern MinawaKitten
Runner-up Super Mario 3D World Starter OilFreak
Legacy 20 – Game of the Year 2003
Winner! MOTHER 1+2 StarstorDandee Drake Inferno
Runner-up Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Versions Starter
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Starter
Legacy 25 – Game of the Year 1998
Runner-up Banjo-Kazooie Starter
Runner-up Half-Life Starter
Winner! Metal Gear Solid Last Minute
Legacy 30 – Game of the Year 1993
Winner! The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Starter
Myst Starter
Runner-up Secret of Mana Last Minute
Legacy 40 – Game of the Year 1983
Runner-up Dragon’s Lair Starter
Winner! Mario Bros. Starter
Xevious Last Minute

sprite BlueDrago

Buck Fever accidentally gave me a rank and if I had one before this one I should contact Buck Fever and have him fix it

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Hey guys! It’s been a quite a year for video games, hasn’t it? I hope you’re doing well. As for me, I won tickets to PAX West and got to meet some Fangamer guys! (tbh a big reason this year’s thread is happening because I told Reid about it)
Anyways I’ve been doing this for ten freaking years. Let’s hit it.

Rules

1. Nominations come in one of four flavors: Add, Second, Remove, or Replace.
    1. Adding a game is fairly straightforward. The game is added to the desired category.
    2. Seconding a nomination locks it in place, protecting it from being removed or replaced. Note: You cannot second a game you have added or replaced.
    3. Remove a game from the list if you don’t think it’s worthy of nomination.
    4. Instead of just removing a game, you can Replace it on the list with another one.
  2. To make a nomination, just make a post to this thread or ping me on Discord (@justBlueJay, previously JustBlueJay#8743) with a message that consists of the following:
    • The name of the game.
    • The nominate action in which you are taking.
    • The award category you are nominating the game for.
    • A substantial reasoning as to why you think the game qualifies for the nomination.
      • It doesn’t have to be super long or detailed or anything. Just make it look like you’ve put some thought into it. Think more “why I like this thing” than “this thing is good”. Do not assume everyone knows why!
    • Example: “I second Snekromancer for Game of the Year. I absolutely enjoyed the time I spent with this game, especially when…”
  3. For most categories, eligible games are ones that were released between December 1, 2022 and November 30, 2023. Games currently only out in Japan, China, or similar regions may not be eligible if there is a planned English release for 2024 (on a case-by-case basis). For multiplatform games, only the earliest release date is considered.
  4. You are allowed to make multiple nominations in a single post.
  5. You may nominate a single game for multiple categories if they are in different category groups. You will find further explanation about categories and category groups down below.
  6. You may only make a unique nomination once. For example, if you previously added Swansong Story: Orbal History for Best Soundtrack, and then someone else removed it, you cannot add it again. However, you could still replace it…
  7. The nomination period will end either a few days after five nominations for Game of the Year and three nominations in every other category are seconded and locked in, or the first Monday of January (whichever comes first).

Categories

Game of the Year
The award for best game this year. Or, at least, the game that was your favorite.

Sights – Best Visual/Graphical Presentation
The award for the game with the best graphics, art direction, or visual flair. This is highly subjective, and could run the gamut from that gorgeous triple-A game with buttery-smooth performance to that quirky indie game with top-notch sprite work.

Sounds – Best Soundtrack or Sound Design
The award for the game with the best music, or for the game with outstanding sound design in general. Sound Effects and Voice Acting are important parts of a game too!

Story – Best Narrative/Scenario Design
The award for the game with a story, either as a whole or on a level-to-level basis.

Systems – Best Game Design
The award for the game with exceptional design or game mechanics. How does this game work as a game? Does it use mechanics in an interesting way? Does it just take an established genre and polish it until it shines?

Best Non-Nintendo AAA Game
Yeah, Nintendo is great, but there’s more to video games than that. This category is for big games by big companies that aren’t Nintendo. You know, the kind of game that’ll be recognized in regular awards shows.

Best Indie Game
Indie games have been getting a lot of love recently, and here is no different. Here is the place for your favorite small games from small companies (or even solo developers!)

Best Port, Remake, Remaster
Everything old is new again in this category. Does it have “HD”, “DX”, or “Remastered” in the title? Odds are it fits here.

Best DLC, Update, Expansion, or Ongoing Game
If it is an extra part of a bigger game that came out after the game came out, it belongs here.

Nicest Surprise
There’s that one game that just comes out of nowhere and takes everyone’s breath away. Maybe it wasn’t marketed much. Maybe it was an indie darling. Maybe nobody expected it to be any good. Whatever it is, it belongs here.

Biggest Disappointment
Of course there’s the flip side to all that. Make your complaints known in this category.

Notable Gaming Moment
Entries in this category are in memory of the news and memes that are a big part of gaming culture.

Consolation Prize
Of course, we can’t get everything right the first time. Was something overhyped last year, to the point of something else getting overshadowed? Here’s the category for that overshadowed thing. Check last year’s awards here.

Most Anticipated Upcoming Game
Breath of the Wild got this award several years in a row. That should be all you need to know.

Group 4: Around the Site

For things unique to Starmen.net. Instead of normal nominations, Most Awesome Starmen.net Happening and Draklor’s Outstanding User Award will not activate until the voting phase. At that point, you will be given space to write in your own unique answers to cool things that happened here!

As a side note, Please do not write in me as an Outstanding User. I barely even go here anymore.

Group 5: Legacy Awards

As I realize that most of us don’t play every single new game, Legacy Awards is a special category group for games that have reached anniversary milestones. Currently these categories include: Legacy 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, and 40 (each for that amount of years). With this thread series lasting probably a lot longer than it should have, there are several games that have already won Game of the Year or Legacy awards in previous awards seasons. As such, it is necessary to add an additional rule for these categories:

If a game has won Game of the Year or a Legacy Award, it is inducted into the Starman Super Legacy Hall of Fame, and will not be elegible for nomination for Legacy Awards in the future.

Beginning of time to 1979

• Pong

1980-1989

• Contra
  • Donkey Kong
  • EarthBound Beginnnings (MOTHER)
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (JPN)
  • Tetris

1990-1999

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • MOTHER 2 (a game so nice it won twice!)
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NA) (this game also won twice, for the exact same reason as EB/M2. This is not going to happen again.)
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Smash Bros.

2000-2009

• Cave Story
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • MOTHER 3
  • Pokemon Crystal Version
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

2010-2019

• Celeste
  • Minecraft
  • Pokemon Black & White
  • Pokemon GO
  • Pokemon Sun & Moon
  • Portal 2
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Sonic Mania
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Undertale

2020-2029

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Metroid Dread

The Fool With Stars in Her Eyes

• Game Swag
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • Funktastic Fest Funktastic Contests
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar4
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Funky Award
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • Veteran's Day Casual Pokemon Participation
  • GURL POWAH
  • Lucas Collab
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • SummerBound Super Helper Umbrella
  • Silver Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • Theoryfest Second Place
  • !Merch Museum
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Campfire Tales Story Shared

UPDATE: I can’t read!!! HOWEVER, I still second FFXVI OST on the basis it is comprised of many of the same figures behind FFXIV, sound team included. While I haven’t finished the game due to time, its soundtrack, exspecially boss battles, are incredible. It makes me want to go absolutely feral in battle.

I want to second FFXIV’s OST for Best Soundtrack.

All of it.

Its ten years of wonderfully crafted music from the tragic Wayward Daughter from Stormblood, To The Edge from Shadowbringers for its incredible double meaning in and out of universe ( which is only emphasized with the use of clocks in music ) and with the most recent expansion Endwalker, there are many more incredible songs — Dynamis, giving me that gentle feeling of hope, Heroes Forge Ahead, that fills me with sheer heroic joy and determination to pull through and be the hero and With Hearts Align, a song that’s was so good that it caught my attention from the moment a silver of it was used in the trailer and upon hearing it be used in full, it’s become known as the Warrior of Light’s enrage/boss theme throughout the entire fandom for a reason.

soken is not the only man on the music team but he’s done many of them

music good

also ABSOLUTELY ICONIC THAT THE MUSIC TEAM GOT HYADAIN, THE MAN BEHIND THE FOUR FIENDS PARODY, TO HELP BRING THE SONG FORGED IN CRIMSON TO LIFE.

Weirdly enough, I’m a pomegranate.

• 2020 HFDQ Gold
  • Secret of the Universe
  • Giygas 10 Theories badge
  • MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X2
  • Writing Challenges
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - Second Place
  • Monthly Writing Prompt Silver
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • 2022 Halloween Funfest Helper
  • Photo Man's Photo Album Art Collab 2022
  • fanvatar2
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • BigMac
  • Campfire Tales Participation 2
  • Very Hot Winterfest Staff
  • Eggvito
  • Mother 3 - 18th anniversary

Best Indie Game: Anima Reprise
Not only does it have a banger soundtrack and super smooth combat, I know the girl who made it and helped playtest! Watching the game develop and be built has a place in my heart, and the game’s great. Thanks Claire.

Legacy 5: The World Ends With You: Final Remix
Brain wave main frame psyche you gotta high kick collect and select show you got the best set crystal blisters it’s all over now psycho Caine you’re so keen need some more candycane
TWEWY Final Remix is an amazing game. It took a classic, and put it on the one and only NINTENDO SWITCH. And added tons of extra content so it’s more than just a remake. It’s got a whole new story at the end, even! This game saved me from so many mental breakdowns the summer of 2022. That summer kinda sucked looking back, but hey, I had TWEWY! Who can be sad when you got TWEWY! I was so obsessed/hyperfixated after beating that for my birthday that fall I got a TWEWY poster, a Player Pin, two Player Pin stickers, and an official Beat action figure after being Beat for halloween.

Legacy 10: PIKMIN 3 BABYYYYYYYY
Guys it’s the funny Alph Britany Charlie game with the rocks with googly eyes and the giant slug that’s so ugly it softlocks the watermelon haha pikmin funny

I live on comedy.

One day I’ll probably die from too much of it.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

I want to second FFXIV’s OST for Best Soundtrack.

Honestly you are so real for this misread. Soken and the CBU3 sound team are the GOAT and even if we only count this year we still got bangers like Dedicated to Moonlight and some awesome FF4 remixes (also Don’t worry, 16’s soundtrack is very good)

Anyways! Here’s the acceptance roundup:

• Second FFXVI for Soundtrack
  • Add Anima Reprise for Best Indie Game
  • Add TWEWY: Final Remix for Legacy 5 (If this wins, earlier versions of TWEWY will not be eligible for future Legacy Awards)
  • Add Pikmin 3 for Legacy 10

Additionally, it has come to my attention that I put up The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker for Legacy 20 even though it won Legacy 20 last year. I apologize for my error. It has been replaced with Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire.

Ruin Seeker

• Monthly Art Prompt Participant
  • Mafia MVP
  • 2020 HFDQ Silver
  • Writing Challenges
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - Staff Badge
  • 5x Theory Hall of Fame
  • MOTHER3 Riddles Winner X3
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - Staff
  • BurgerDisappointment
  • Campfire Tales Participation 1

Hey, here we go again! I haven’t played most of this year’s games unfortunately but I’ll throw in some nominations.

Second Super Mario Bros. Wonder for Game of the Year
Yeah I’m a mario fan so of course I love this game. The game design is exceptional and it looks and sounds fantastic. Definitely my favorite game I played this year.

Add Super Mario Bros. Wonder for Sights
Couldn’t decide whether to put this in visuals or music but I think I have to go with visuals. It’s close though. The graphics in Wonder are just amazing. All the backgrounds and worlds are so colorful, and the animation is so springy and delightful to watch. In addition, they included a ton of new environments in this game and all of them are unique and visually stunning. Couldn’t think of a game more deserving.

Add The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for Systems
This game is by no means perfect, and a lot of its story is just insanely mediocre or poorly thought out, and I recognize all of that. However, one thing the game did right was its game design. Every one of the mechanics is extremely well refined for a unique and memorable experience. All of the new abilities from constructing crazy contraptions with ultrahand to mixing and matching your weapons with fuse, to the new way ascend makes you look at your environment to finding crazy new ways to utilize recall. Everything just works so well together and it’s easy to spend hundreds of hours in this game before you realize it.

Legacy awards time

Add The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Legacy 10
God I love this game. It’s my favorite Zelda game. Everything about the mechanics have been tightened up to make it feel so delightful to play. I just can’t help but want to 100% it every time I play. It might not be the most stand out or amazing spectacle of a Zelda game, but to me it’s the pinnacle of the old-school Zelda formula.

Add Pokemon X and Y for Legacy 10
This is my favorite Pokemon game! To be fair it’s one of two I’ve beaten so I can’t say a ton here. But I love it a lot. I hold it dear to my heart.

And that’s all I have right now. Haven’t played much from this time around or from the legacy awards of this year

Love is all that stands between us and the great beyond.

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

SECOND Super Mario Bros. Wonder for Game of the Year.
Mario Wonder is phenomenal and exactly what the Mario series needed.

SECOND Metroid Prime Remaster for best rehash
Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time. The remaster is really good and although I would’ve gone for something more realistic, they did the best they could given the switch’s hardware. And when I say the best they could, the game is gorgeous.

SECOND F-Zero 99 for nicest surprise.
Honestly, F-Zero actually works pretty well in a massive online race format. I hope that Nintendo sees the positive reaction towards the game and considers a new F-Zero.

NOMINATE Splatoon 3 for biggest disappointment
This is technically a 2022 game (and if that disqualifies it lmk so I can vote for something else) but in 2023 it set in how much I wasn’t going to enjoy it. The launch content was extremely weak, the singleplayer is a husk of the Octo Expansion from 2, the game was unbalanced, music is uninspired, content updates were extremely slow and it was mostly just things from previous games, the new stages basically all have the same layout, and the constant “rebalancing” updates kept making the game worse. The online being the worst of the series is the cherry on top.
I’m done paying for awful peer to peer connectivity. Paying to host the game myself is insulting.

SECOND Super Mario 3D World for Legacy Game 2013.
This game went unappreciated at launch due to it following the coattails of 3D Land, as well as a horrible first trailer. The devs however clearly didn’t want to make a game that could be lumped in with the New Super series and instead created a really really really good 3d platformer. Every level in this game feels handcrafted to perfection. I grew up playing this game (feel old yet?) and the sense of wonder captured me. Having secrets hidden in linear stages is just as rewarding as putting secrets in sandbox stages.

StarstorDandee

• MOTHER2 Riddles 3+ Wins
  • Badge Maker!
  • FOTM (Fanfic) (August 2016)
  • !Writing BootCamp 2016
  • Fanart of the Week
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner
  • PUC Fenomeno Badge
  • 7x Theory Hall of Fame
  • Riddles Lord
  • 2020 HFDQ Silver
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - First Place
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • fanvatar4
  • DeltaRune Riddles Winner!
  • The lowercase t badge
  • Piroshki
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 1st place
  • Monthly Art Prompt Winner
  • UT Riddles
  • BigMac
  • Wicked Chicken Thai Soup Badge
  • Campfire Tales Participation 3
  • Key to the Back
  • Very Hot Winterfest Gold
  • Very Hot Winterfest Staff
  • April Fools Riddles 2024

Add MOTHER 1+2 for Legacy 20

MOTHER 1 and 2 speak for themselves, and this is in theory both in one. There is so much that could be said that it is actually difficult to know what to start with. The two games have an inbuilt sense of nostalgia that, in someone else’s words, can dig into the past in a person’s memory. These games broadly tackle different forms of love, with greater focus on familiar love in MOTHER 1’s case whereas MOTHER 2 puts greater emphasis on an unconditional, all-encompassing love.

The Pollyanna motif, introduced in MOTHER 1, actually grows stronger and more important through the series. From keeping a sense of optimism even in one’s lonesomeness in MOTHER 1, in MOTHER 2 the spirit of the song is present as an element of Ness’s coming-of-age story. It plays when Ness “officially” leaves home, something that becomes more meaningful in view of his Homesickness. The endgame, from the point where Ness goes through Magicant, has the tone of the game rapidly becomes darker even as Ness revisits his home when it is under attack. With supporting evidence from MOTHER 3, Pollyanna appears to represent keeping a sense of optimism not in ignorance of, but despite full knowledge and experience of the darkness in the world.

The combined MOTHER 1+2 experience takes the simple sense of childhood adventure in MOTHER 1 and culminates in MOTHER 2’s coming-of-age story.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Acceptance Round-up

• Second SMB Wonder for GotY
  • Nominate SMB Wonder for Sights
  • Nominate Zelda: TotK for Systems
  • Second Metroid Prime Remastered for Best Remake, etc
  • Second F-Zero 99 for Nicest Surprise
  • Nominate Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass for Biggest Disappointment (slight variation from the submission to fit the rules)
  • Nomiate Zelda: ALBW for Legacy 10
  • Nominate Pokemon X & Y for Legacy 10
  • Second Super Mario 3D World for Legacy 10

Not Accepted: The Super Awards for Most Awesome Starmen.net Happening and Draklor’s Oustanding User Award are write-in only, so I am not accepting nominations for those categories at this time. I apologize for the misunderstanding, and thank your for your consideration!

Pending Discussion: Both EarthBound and EBB are in the Legacy Hall of Fame already, so should MOTHER 1+2 be eligible for acceptance? My gut says no, but there could be an argument made that compilations such as this are separate enough from their source games to be considered a unique entry.

PS: There is a game that I forgot to add as a Starter nomination that I regret. The first person to nominate this game to any category will win a coveted No-Prize*!

*The No-Prize will be a private message delivered within the forum. There is no added reward, monetary or otherwise, for winning the No-Prize. The Starman Super Awards is not liable for any shattered expectations from receiving the No-Prize.

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

…….care to explain what a Write-In is?

LET THE FISH WHO THINKS HE KNOWS NO FEAR LOOK WELL UPON MY FACE

this is my rank #2

• Video Game Music of the Month Participant
  • 2nd Annual RWC Badge
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • Monthly Writing Prompt
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • The lowercase t badge
  • Mother 3 17th Anniversary Funfest - 3rd Place
  • Video Game Riddles Bronze
  • Monthly Art Prompt Winner
  • BigMac
  • blanko
  • fanvatar1
  • Campfire Tales Participation 3
  • Key to the Back
  • Very Hot Winterfest Silver
  • Eggvito

They make a google form or smth and everyone puts their submission there.

I am a Coolio Burgers kind of guy.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

…….care to explain what a Write-In is?

The above post is correct. Voting will be done with a Google Form, and you will be given space to write in your own stuff in those categories. The Around the Site group has historically not gotten very many nominations, so it’s easier (and more fun tbh) to do it this way. This is a rather recent change (maybe last year or so), so I think I still need to update the rules to match.

Drake Inferno

Court-recognized cheese yoinker

• Christopher Robin is Evil
  • Writing Challenges
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 3 Wins
  • Holiday Funfest 2021 - Staff Badge
  • Monthly Writing Prompt Gold
  • Riddles Lord
  • 7x Theory Hall of Fame
  • Weezerfest Memory
  • The lowercase t badge
  • BigMac
  • Very Hot Winterfest Gold
  • April Fools Riddles 2024

I’ll go to bat for Mother 1+2, for a few reasons. It is, by and large, the same game, but for Mother 1 in particular, it makes some changes that matter a lot. For one, it adds and canonizes the localized ending (which is to say, makes it have much of an ending at all), as well as a bunch of convenience features like non-gridded movement, proper running, a shortcut for talking and interaction, and the Memory Chip. Also you can kill the Universal Cosmic Destroyer with snakes.

What is love, if not sharing food with someone, and then running away from that someone,
as they chase after you, shouting “That was my food, give me back my food”?

What is dad?

• Summers Art Collab!
  • I believed in Smash
  • Badge Maker!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • MOTHER3 Riddles Winner
  • fanvatar4
  • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Crafts 1
  • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Art!
  • 2014 Halloween Hack-Fest Writing
  • Master Kraken Hunter!
  • Buck Fever and Dr. Hobo's Guessing Game ft Kid Icarus
  • GURL POWAH
  • MOTHER1 Riddles 1 Win
  • Doctor Hobo's Love Hotel
  • meep
  • Lucas Collab
  • Riddles Lord
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • Marietta got 2 tipsy
  • Buck's Birthday Badge Bonanza Bazinga
  • White Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • Pink DK
  • Theoryfest Helper
  • !Merch Museum
  • Snowdin1st
  • Temmie
  • vid's Spectacular
  • MTT Riddles Host
  • Mother 3 Tenth Anniversary 2nd Place
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • Fight Cancer
  • !Writing BootCamp 2016
  • !Camp Fangamer 2016 Merchboy
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!MOTHER3 Siege
  • !!Cookie Cat
  • Artdog Badge
  • !! Undertale Birthday
  • Undertale Temmie Sees All
  • !!Camp Fangamer 2018 !!Trading Badge from Buck Fever!@
  • Mafia Cipher MAX
  • Project Ultimate Chimera Helper
  • artspot
  • Fanart of the Week
  • Attorney's Badge
  • Game Guessing Game 3
  • a fishstick
  • 30th Anniversary Funfest - Staff
  • Chaotic Fluke Distortion
  • Mafia MVP
  • 2020 HFDQ Helper
  • BigMac
  • Campfire Tales Participation 2

SECOND: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for Best Remake.

I played the original on the DS and was -blown away- by its story. It immediately made me wish that more people had played it, but Ace Attorney gets far more attention and Ghost Trick hardly got mentioned. And this is a game you just cannot talk about without spoilers, so best I could do was just cryptically go “play Ghost Trick” with no additional info.

And then the remake happened. And my god was I excited. It’s gotten so much attention since then, and rightfully so. Not a single bad thing has been said (from my knowledge) about this game, and people understood why we all kept saying “play Ghost Trick” with no further explanation. It is one of those games that is best experienced 100% blind. And the improved visuals really did it favors.

Ghost Trick is a game that really deserved the additional recognition the remake gave it because it hardly got any when it was first out. The art style is wonderfully unique, and so is the gameplay and writing. If you love Ace Attorney, you’ll love this game even more because it has that familiar Ace Attorney writing style but a completely unexpected sort of plot. It truly is Shu Takumi’s magnum opus – and this is coming from a long-time Ace Attorney fan. Did I mention that this game was written by Ace Attorney’s original creator?

Play Ghost Trick.

★ I will always love you, KC ★ Donate to Cancer Research
Art Twitter (Also on Tumblr) ★ Personal TumblrThey/Them
I’m sorry I have so many badges. Have a badge guide.

• Game Swag
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar4
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Funky Award
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • GURL POWAH
  • Lucas Collab
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • Silver Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • !Merch Museum
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!Cookie Cat

I want to second both Pokemon XY and Ghost Trick.

Pokemon XY has a very special place in my heart. I can’t really explain why, while Crystal ( and by extension Johto ) has always remained number one but something about Kalos has captivated me. The tragedy of AZ, Lysandre’s tragic and misguided attempt to fix a broken world and the echoes left behind. I love and miss the concept of Mega Evolution has always excited me.

Ghost Trick good…. Marietta hit a lot about why it’s such a good game and why you gotta simply tell someone to play. I bawled the first time I played it on DS and I bawled again watching a streamer I love play the remake. All I can say is if you give me a game that features a pet doing everything in their power to help the person they love i will cry. ( god bless missile )

I’d honestly throw my hat in the ring for TWEWY Final Remix as well if only for the fact I never played that version, only the OG DS and Solo Remix for mobile so I can’t 100% back it out of fairness but I am certain it’s absolutely baller experience.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Grats to Baldur’s Gate 3 at the Game Awards last night! We also got some Pikmin recognition which is very nice. Here’s today’s belated Acceptance Round up!

• Second Ghost Trick for Best Remake, etc
  • Add and Second Mother 1+2 for Legacy 20
  • Second Pokemon X & Y for Legacy 10

• Game Swag
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar4
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Funky Award
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • GURL POWAH
  • Lucas Collab
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • Silver Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • !Merch Museum
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!Cookie Cat

ADD Final Fantasy XIV to Best Ongoing Game

you know what, im still mad about cyberpunk winning the best ongoing game award ( i know theres a lot going on here as companies are forced to release unfinished projects sometimes but MAN ) so eat this

listen, this game sucked SO BAD on release for 1.0

This video greatly sums it up but there’s so many other essays out there that discuss how bad it was. BUT, Enix wasnt willing to simply drop it after they put so much money into it, they brought in Yoshi-P, the guy behind their Dragon Quest MMORPG, to help fix this. The team put in so much effort and work to repair what was done and to repay players who stuck around through these times, adding features and functions 1.0 lacked. However, despite the work to repair 1.0, it wasn’t enough, which led wasn’t to a rather iconic end.

In patches leading to its end, the Red Moon Dalamund became an ominous beacon in the sky that slowly grew in size and players would learn the Garlean Empire intended to use this for nefarious means. and boy did they, in the final hours of the game, it was like hell on Earth. Dalamud had broken through the clouds and was an oppressive sight on the horizon in all zones, day or night. The weather was broken everywhere. A distorted version of a song known as Answers played just about everywhere, monsters of strength beyond what players had spawned, soon spawning at gates of safe locations and even in those safe zones themself.

Many players’ accounts cite many withdrew to their favorite cities while just as many made for a pilgrimage to a major location — Mor Dhona — in their best gear, waiting for the end to come together. Imperial troops would soon flood the area, some sporting level 100, until, all at once, everyone still connected to the servers received a message simultaneously: “Confound it! We’ve lost contact with the main host!” Something had gone horribly wrong with the Battle of Carteneau Flats.

And then, there was nothing.

The End of An Era had come.

I think it’s absolutely INSANE how they made the closing down of the 1.0 servers with a bang a canonical event in the lore to the story so they could destroy everything and build the 2.0 version of the game up from the ground up. 1.0 is not remembered favorably by players, critics or the team behind it. But, it did lay the groundwork for an incredible ten-year journey.

A year later, rising from the ashes on a shoestring budget after its predecessor’s failure, was A Realm Reborn ( 2.0 ). The path towards A Realm Reborn began during the patches for 1.0 were being pushed out and thanks to the canonical event of the land being nuked and warped by the events at the battle of Battle of Carteneau Flats, it made for a perfect excuse to completely alter everything and give it a new look. A Realm Reborn also gave new race options in the form of female Rogan, previously only seen on a late patch NPC in 1.0, and male Miqo’te, only previously known through lore and off-handed mentions at that point.

I personally think a lot of FFXIV’s critical success comes from how open the team is with their players. After 1.0’s disaster, they began doing Live Letters to inform players of updates/reworks to jobs, new content, new gear. Anything new. They’re doing everything they can to keep the players in the know because they care. ( THE COMMUNITY HELPS TOO OBVIOUSLY!! )

That being said, as mentioned, ARR was built on a shoestring budget, so while it wasn’t the best, it was an incredible step up from what we previously had. It did, unfortunately, lean more into MMORPG than its Final Fantasy roots at the time, but that would change over time with the patches leading to Heavenward and Heavensward itself, you could really feel the Final Fantasy thrumming through it at that point. I can recognize and acknowledge that it’s not going to be for everyone and to wait for it to get good it so suck. A lot of players cite it gets better for them post Garuda battle as the plot REALLY gets rolling and I think the recent work to trim down the fat and improve the 2.0 experience helps bring in new players.

Regardless, FFXIV would improve with each and every expansion, the scores the game received would only get higher and higher with the most recent expansion, Endwalker ( the finale to the ten-year saga of the Hydaelyn vs Zodiark arc ), coming in at 92 on Metacritic and reaching 9.0 user score.

I honestly do not think I can do justice to explain how good this game experience has been. I’ve genuinely had fun playing it and I enjoy watching other streamers experience the game, even those who are not familiar with Final Fantasy and/or previous players of WoW, its more than just a good Final Fantasy. It’s a good story that tugs at your strings and somehow made me burst into tears when an NPC asked me: “Tell me this and tell me true. Has your journey been good? Has it been worthwhile?”

Yes. This journey has been nothing but wonderful, and I would love nothing more than to offer it to others.

IN SHORT

( please understand that back in 2019, when i started playing, the trial only lasted until lv30, but i was so into the game at that point i did NOT CARE that i had to pay a sub, then they updated the trial experience to all the way through Heavensward and respective patches and only recently it’s been updated to play though Stormblood ( 4.o ) and it’s patches. )

also this is propaganda to do the bard job

you gotta

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Accepted: Add Final Fantasy XIV to Best Update, … Ongoing Game (for 2023: Patch 6.3-6.51)

(Shoutout to Sanson and Guydelot they are the grumpy/sunshine pair ever)

sprite ChromiumTrinity

Do they have to be games released on PC or Console?

Put me on the list of biggest mistakes!

• Game Swag
  • Writing Bootcamp 2011
  • Ponsesy Participation
  • The Sparkles
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar4
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • M25FF Funky Award
  • Summers Art Collab!
  • smash collab
  • Lucas Memorial Collab
  • GURL POWAH
  • Lucas Collab
  • Sonic OC Don't STeal
  • Silver Mafia
  • fairy frog
  • !Merch Museum
  • Temmie
  • MOTHER3 Funfest Helper
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • !!Cookie Cat

(Shoutout to Sanson and Guydelot they are the grumpy/sunshine pair ever)

you get it

dont quote me on this, i know nothing, but I think any released game within the year of 2023 [ or 2024 for upcoming ] would fit

AND SPEAKING OF UPCOMING

ADD Persona 3 Reload to Most Anticipated Upcoming Game

[ Mina, stop adding things. ]

[ no im going mad with power, look at my avatar, this was inevitable ]

Persona 3, although not the first game I touched in the series ( thats actually Persona 4 thanks to my old cable having episodes released weekly on demand years ago ), came to me in a low point in my life. It’s themes of death, overcoming it, finding something special and living for it, and love born from death and loss were all incredibly impactful to me. To be frank, I didnt initally play the game, I explored it through a very unique take of an LP. This LP was written in the form of someone saving/recovering an old LifeJournal log belonging to the protagonist, logging their journey through the events of the game. I loved it and I wanted more. When I heard of P3P, Persona 3 Portable, a visual novel take on the game with additional control, content and an entirely new female protagonist route I went absolutely ham and purchased a copy. I have logged far too many hours and an almost complete compendium.

While I love the series as a whole, even if P1 and P2 Duology lean more into the SMT roots before the complete and utter rehaul and revamp the series got for the modern era of the series, Persona 3 means so much to me. So when that leak happened ( like f for the person on the socials team tho ) on that awful day for me, back tire on bike blew out and the tube escaped the tire that it ended up tearing and wrapping around the wheel and the kickstand broke, I was immediately pulled out of my funk and went absolutely mad with joy. P3P was only recently rereleased and a full blown remake with updated graphics was coming?

SIGN ME THE FCK UP.

While it’s sad to see some of the old voice actors leave, the cast they’ve chosen are big fans themselves and it’s such a joy to see them so happy to work on something they love. All Social Links are voiced as well? Dazzling! And the concept of new gear is wonderful [ gotta protect the kids somehow, its a design detail I love ], updated mechanics and new music and the UI is great to look at and new side content to further explore characters’ backstories and relationships — even of Strega, the enemy team. While those who know me from the old day know I’m very, dont trust a fandom wiki, but the SMT wiki has a very nice detailed and documented/sourced list of everything coming for Relaod and there’s so much more than I would list here as wonderful improvements to bring this gem to new and old fans.

Like, there’s so much more to explore of this world I love and not many games have really captivated me of recently but I am vibrating with glee and anticipation for that Aigis Edition to arrive at my front door.

also cannot wait to cry again

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

dont quote me on this, i know nothing, but I think any released game within the year of 2023 [ or 2024 for upcoming ] would fit

Yeah, I’ll take mobile games, VR games, whatever! This is meant to be your awards after all.

P3 Reload for most anticipated is accepted.

sprite ChromiumTrinity

Yeah, I’ll take mobile games, VR games, whatever! This is meant to be your awards after all.

P3 Reload for most anticipated is accepted.

Add Gorilla Tag or Rec Room.
VR is like the closest thing I have to a console. If you could even call it one.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Cool! What categories are you adding them to? Why do you think these games deserve an award?

sprite ChromiumTrinity

I think Gorilla Tag should go to Best Indie Game because of the constant updates and usually ery fun mechanics (Sliding,Rope Climbing,Shrinking etc).
Rec Room should go to best Non-Nentendo AAA game because the fun games constantly made there and the dedicated fanbas always having more to add.

sprite OilFreak

• Weezerfest Memory
  • Narrative Goblin
  • Narrative Goblin
  • BigMac
  • fanvatar1

Rec Room’s been around for years

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

I did some checks and it is correct that neither Rec Room nor Gorilla Tag were released this year. However, based on the reasoning I think it is okay to instead submit them both to Best DLC, Update, Expansion, or Ongoing Game.

I highly recommend reading the rules if you decide to make further nominations!

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Merry Christmas everyone!

Voting will commence in two weeks’ time on January 8th (unless I forget). Please make sure to get your nominations in by then!

Also, the no-prize is still up for grabs! All you have to do is nominate the one game I wish I had put up as a starter to “win”.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Voting Phase has begun!!!

Here are my Last Minute additions to the list so that every category has at least 3 options!

Game of the Year

• Alan Wake 2: Everything I’ve heard about this game is just schlocky fun.
  • Final Fantasy XVI: The Last Jedi of Final Fantasy. The most video game to ever video game. Maybe you’ll hate it, but also maybe you’ll love it?
  • Pikmin 4: Shoutout to all you Pikmin lovers out there!

Sounds

• Hi-Fi Rush: Rhythm Action games are so coooool!

Story

• Baldur’s Gate 3: I’m still trapped in Act 1 but also I love all these dorks

Non-Nintendo AAA game

• Alan Wake 2 and Final Fantasy XVI for their nominations for Game of the Year

Port/Remake/Remaster

• Super Mario RPG: This game makes me feel giddy. This was the No-Prize game btw.

Nicest Surprise

• Super Mario RPG again. Can you believe this game exists???

Notable Gaming Moment

• Closure of Nintendo eShop for 3DS and Wii U: whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2022 Consolation Prize

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3: I am a sucker for games with enormous parties, and the fact that you can have seven people out at a time???

Legacy 25

• Metal Gear Solid: Metal GEAR! We talk about games as art all the time, but what about games as cinema?

Legacy 30

• Secret of Mana: I think what I love about Mana the most is its immaculate vibes.

Legacy 40

• Xevious: A touchstone in the shmup genre.

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Thank you to whoever pointed out that Pokemon X & Y was missing from the Legacy 10 Ballot. That has been corrected.

EDIT: Ballot Link so that there’s one on the most recent post

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Tiebreaker

(10 votes by 10 people)

We got a freaking tie again I can’t believe it

sprite BlueDrago

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • ZAWA RRPS Loser
  • I believed in Smash
  • smash collab
  • Grrrrreat OP!
  • !Franklin Badge White
  • Game Guessing Game 3

Grats to Tears of the Kingdom for beating the tiebreaker!

The rest of the winners are as follows:

• Sights – Best Visual or Graphical Presentation: Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Sounds – Best Soundtrack or Sound Design: Final Fantasy XVI
  • Story – Best Narrative/Scenario Design: Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Systems – Best Game Design: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Best Non-Nintendo AAA Game: Baldur’s Gate 3
  • Best Indie Game: Anima Reprise
  • Best Port, Remake, or Remaster: Tie between Ghost Trick and Super Mario RPG
  • Best DLC, Update, Expansion, or Ongoing Game: Final Fantasy XIV
  • Nicest Surprise: Super Mario RPG
  • Biggest Disappointment: Tie between Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass and Gollum
  • Notable Gaming Moment: Closure of Nintendo eShop for 3DS and Wii U (Unanimous!)
  • 2022 Consolation Prize: Elden Ring
  • Most Anticipated Upcoming Game: Tie between Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Persona 3 Reload
  • Legacy 5: Game of the Year 2018: The World Ends With You: Final Remix
  • Legacy 10: Game of the Year 2013: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Legacy 20: Game of the Year 2003: MOTHER 1+2 (There is literally no way you can vote a Mother series game into the Legacy Hall of Fame now. Right?)
  • Legacy 25: Game of the Year 1998: Metal Gear Solid
  • Legacy 30: Game of the Year 1993: The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
  • Legacy 40: Game of the Year 1983: Mario Bros.

Most Awesome Starmen.net happening

Earthbound USA

Return of GPP funfests with M3 17th anniversary fest!

^ This one was mentioned several times! Great that GPP is back!

Beans jam

-wezer karaoke
-mcdonabell incident
-gayest forum member and accompanying badges (even if they were temporary)

Kenisu3000’s Encyclopedia MOTHER translation

Cop out answer: Everything!

Draklor’s Outstanding User Award
Witch’s Cadence was mentioned twice! Grats to you!
Other users mentioned:

• IgneousWyvern
  • Majora
  • Rhyselinn
  • Ultimate-Gamer
  • UnfoundedRevenge
  • Xedic Zyvis

Games you guys have been playing:

• Brutal Legend
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Ghost Trick
  • Half-Life 2
  • Knuckle Sandwich
  • NEO: The World Ends With You
  • Subnautica
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Tales of Arise
  • Wario Land 3

Which is the best middle-stage starter Pokemon?

• Quilava (3 votes)
  • Charmeleon (2 votes)
  • Ivysaur, Wartortle, Bayleef, Croconaw, Monferno, Braixen, Drizzile (1 vote each)

(Very surprised at the lack of Grovyle representation here. Has it really been that long since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers?)

Finally, my favorite comment from the comment box

I stubbed my toe

• April Fool's 2012 1-sig
  • Reid is a Jinjo
  • fanvatar3
  • Holiday Funfest 2012 1st Place
  • RPPA Badge #1
  • ZAWA RRPS Winner
  • Badge Maker!
  • BFFF 2nd
  • Holiday FF 13 Category 3rd